Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wish List

Don't you just wish...

1) Time could stand still--my kids are just growing way too fast. Sometimes I long for the days when they were babies and it seems like it was just yesterday when the doctor placed my oldest in my arms, and he's 37.

2) In the words of Cher--(We) Could Turn Back Time--I'd love to spend a few minutes with my parents. I loved the scene in Peggy Sue Got Married where she's back with her grandparents, or in Field of Dreams when Kevin Costner gets to play catch with his dad.

3) Flying was cheaper--Maybe because my youngest three are on a trip, I'm missing all of them. It seems like it's been ages since I've seen some of my kids and grandkids. I'm grateful for the internet, land lines, cell phones (text messaging is great and some of the grandkids are better at that than e-mail) because at least I get to hear from them. Heck, if I'm going to wish, I would love to have a plane that would make days like today easier--I could fly and visit or have my plane go pick them up and bring them here!!!

4) All the good stuff we enjoy eating didn't have calories--Why is it that the better the food taste the more calories it seems to have. If only we could just eat anything we wanted and not have to worry about gaining weight.

5) We really learned from our mistakes--Maybe this is just a problem for me but try as I do, sometimes I just seem to make some of the same mistakes over and over again. If I learned from my mistakes, I wouldn't be sitting here having to lose 25 - 30 pounds again!!!

6) We could remember everything we read--So often I finish reading something and then can't remember what I just read. I also wish I were a speed reader--it takes me a long time to read. I have a friend who read Harry Potter in like 5 hours. I love to read. I used to read so much more.

7) There was more time in the day--Or perhaps I just need to do things faster. But sometimes that "Things to do today" list gets so long and besides doing everything on the list,I'm supposed to find time to floss ; )

8) There was a trick to developing good habits--It seems so easy to develop bad ones yet is so tough to develop the good ones. They say after three weeks of doing something it becomes a habit. I am trying to get back into the habit of exercising--I've done it for 2 days (yippee!!!) Only 19 more and it will be a habit (boy I hope!!!)

These are just some of my wishes. There are some obvious ones I didn't list, but I am just wondering: What do you wish?

6 comments:

normanbatesmomma said...

Let's see: I'd have to concur with your entire list. Definitely #4!!

I wish that my house just didn't get dirty. Or messy. That would be awesome.

normanbatesmomma said...

Although, Norman is good about cleaning up after himself and any mess he might make...

Tori :) said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've been playing catch up and have been so lame about venturing out to others blogs.
I love this idea for a post!!
I wish Liv would stop pulling her diaper off. That would make life a little easier...

Lei said...

Ditto #4... I haven't had much time to pay attention to what goes in my mouth lately...Yikes!!!

Nancy Face said...

This was an awesome post, and I'm COMPLETELY with you on #4!!!
I've been on a diet for 5 1/2 years, and I will be until I die...this is just so I can maintain my weight...sigh. :(

I don't wish to make time stand still, because I'm looking forward to becoming "Grandma Nancy" one of these years! Tee hee! :)

I'm proud of you on the exercising! Try to continue until it really does become a habit...it will make you feel so good, in more ways than one! :)

Yvonne said...

As always, I appreciate the comments.

I'm a little worried about normanbatesmomma, but trying not to.

Tori, I'm glad you visited. Your blog always makes me smile.

Lei, I am also so uplifted as I read your blog.

Nancyface, thanks for the words of encouragement. Being grandma is great fun. I just wish mine weren't so far away.