Thursday, September 27, 2007

I've Been Tagged for Some Interesting Things About Me....

I was tagged some time ago by Holly to do a post with some interesting things about me. I don't have a clue how interesting this will be, but here goes:

1. I have five sisters and no brothers. Four of my sisters live in California and one lives in Texas!!!

2. When I was a single mom, I worked as a secretary. I always enjoyed it. (The other day I was writing something in shorthand and Kyle couldn't figure out what I was writing. He thought my being able to write this "strange" type of writing was cool)

3. When my husband and I were dating, it was hard for us to find places to go and be alone--he had 3 children and I had 1. So we would go park--really to just talk. While we were "parked" we were visited by the police 3 times in 1 night. Finally, our Stake Pres. suggested we just park in front of his house!!!

4. All of our children except Kyle live in the U.S. In fact, Kyle is our little Canadian--the only Canadian in our family. (I'm not going to refer to them as stepchildren--so I hope they'll forgive me for that) A son and daughter going to school in Utah; a married son with 5 children in California; a married son in Boston with 3 children; a married daughter in Reno with no children; and a daughter in Indiana with 2 children. They are great kids and we have some pretty amazing grandchildren as well!!!

5. I am a camera fanatic, and very rarely go anywhere without it. I must confess the most frustrating thing for me is getting somewhere, turning the camera on and realizing there is no media card in it!!!

6. Back in the early 80's, I did a commercial for a Diet Pill. It was a trial study and after a couple of weeks you went in and were weighed and received more pills and went back after a couple of more weeks. At that point, they did my hair and make-up and interviewed me about the pills. When I walked out they handed me a form that said I had been filmed and they may air it as a commercial. I signed a release and was shocked a few weeks later when someone called me to say they had just seem the commercial. The funniest was one day when I went home for lunch and my son had a friend over and the commercial came on and Stephen said, "There's my mom." The kid said, "No, it isn't!!!" And sure enough when it gave my name the kid couldn't believe it. The residuals were great.

I'm going to break rule #3--if you want to do the post--please do it, but let me know you did--so I can visit.
The rules are:
1. Link to my tagger and post these rules,
2. Facts about me: some random, some weird ... all devastatingly interesting.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of my post and list their names (linking to them)
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

Sidenote:
I did watch The Office--not all of it because I had to go out to the grocery store. It was funny. Loved the line with Michael about "Jeopardy" and how he phrases his response in the form of a question!!! Does anyone else try to figure out who they are most like? (Believe me, I'll never tell!!!)

18 comments:

Nancy Face said...

So let me get this straight...you are freezing, and all of your sisters are warm and cozy? ;)

Ohhh, I see how it was...the Police had to bust you two for your scandalous parking habits, hahahaha! :D

My kids like to call me the Picture Nazi! :0

You're a famous actress!!! How cool is that? :D

I will not watch The Office, just because my whole family LOVES it, and I am too rebellious to conform! In fact, it's on right now as I blog away! ;)

Tonya said...

Very cool facts about you! Your poor dad living in a house with all that estrogen :o)

Lauren said...

You were on TV?! If I say please will you send me a signed photograph of yours? PLEASE?

Wow Yvonne, gettin' busted by the Police for parking. A seminary teacher for that matter...I am appalled! haha...that's AWESOME!

I ♥ed the office. Looooved it.

Kayelyn said...

#5 happens to me all the time.

I, like Nancy, don't watch the office. I'm just not that in to TV.

Parking?! Well, now that's a story to tell. Glad you shared. LOL

Suzanne said...

OOh, you're famous now that you've been on t.v.! LOL!

It looks like you have such a wonderful family. It was fun learning new things about you.

Hahahahah! You got busted for "parking"! ;D You can tell that to your grandkids to make them giggle, although they're from a different generation, they may not even know what "parking" means! :D

JustRandi said...

That's TOO funny about your "parking habits"!
I loved The Office last night. I never wanted to be into it, because I've never worked in an office. But I started watching it with dh and it is pretty darn funny.
Glad you enjoyed it, too!

Holly said...

Cool facts! I love the busted by the police story. Have you ever told your seminary students that one?

Amanda said...

How fun to get to know you better! :)

Parking???...........how scadalous! ;)

Ashley said...

I too was on t.v. I did some "modeling" on Good Morning Texas. My mom recorded it and felt the need to show it to every boyfriend I ever had. I wish I had never done it.

Ashley said...

Sorry, I got distracted, this is about your post. I think growing up with sisters is awesome. I loved every minute of it. I kinda said on my blog comments that I like The Office but I don't think I would ever let my kiddos watch with me. It can be crude at times.

Calamity Jane said...

where do you kids go on your dates now? I am thinking that sitting alone in a car is a great idea. I have friends who have their couple talking time in the garage in their car. No one thinks to look for them there.

Yvonne said...

Let me set the record straight: WE WERE ONLY TALKING IN THE CAR!!!!

Nancy face: The funniest is I'll talk to my sisters and at 60 degrees they are freezing to death. I just laugh. It was rather funny when the police shined the light in the car and saw these OLD people sitting miles apart from each other TALKING!

I'm the Picture Nazi, too.

Tonya: I was the son my dad never had--I was the sports fanatic and used to read the sports page with him.

lauren: I'll search for one of my old 8 x 10's ; )

No need to be appalled!

I'm glad you loved The Office! I still haven't had a chance to watch the rest of the episode.

Kayelyn: I guess it's like the old days when we didn't have any film--did that a few times, too.

Suzanne: I'm sooooooo famous--people stop me everywhere I go!!! I'm not sure if my older grandkids have ever heard the story.

justrandi: As I watched The Office, I kept wondering which character I was most like--kind of scary.

holly: no haven't told my Seminary kids about getting visited by the Police. They know my husband and I so well, and would just laugh.

Amanda: The best was when I got a call from one of my friends who said her daughter came home and said "Guess who I saw 'parked' on Lake Chabot Boulevard???"

Ashley: I still have my videotape and it is a hoot.
How kind of your mom to show it to your dates.
What I saw last night on The Office was fine.

Calamity Jane: We do actually get to go out once in a while now!!! Also, the house is so quiet today we can be alone most of the time!!!

txmommy said...

dating with kids is always "interesting" how funny that the police stopped you:)

our car was in a commercial for Sunkist once upon a time in the 80's. It was a black jeep with orange stripes.

Never seen the Office.

PJ said...

I loved this post!

My husband can SO relate to your Dad:)

I would love to learn short hand

OK, that police/parking thing made me laugh.out.loud:)

One of my closest friends is From Canada. What a wonderful family you have

My camera goes with me too. I love digital

Your famous

The Office was fun. I wonder how long that cute romance will hold up. The writers are bound to break them up, I'm just sayin':)

Have a great Saturday, Yvonne!

andi said...

Parking to talk? Unheard of!

I love The Office. I think it's one of the best shows on TV right now.

Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

CHEL said...

I'm totally with you on the camera thing... It is MY prized possession, next to my children of course!! :)
It's been so fun getting to know you!

Melissa said...

Great meme! I was tagged for this one awhile ago... maybe I'll do it now... maybe... :)

Yvonne said...

txmommy: Dating with the kids was fun. Finding opportunities to talk when they were around was always hard. The police incident is always a good for a laugh when we talk about it. How fun to have your car in a commercial!!!

pj: Thanks--it was a fun post to do (I'm glad I could give you a laugh.) I always check your blog so I'll know if you do it. I don't think they even teach shorthand any more but it sure comes in handy. Where is your friend from in Canada?

andi: The Office was certainly a good laugh.

chel: I've had fun getting to know you through your blog.

melissa: you've got to try this one--it was fun!