Monday, September 17, 2007

September Celebrations

Our family has 3 birthdays to celebrate in September and one wedding anniversary. I hate the fact that I can't be with any of them to celebrate. I recognize I already posted, but because TODAY IS AMANDA'S BIRTHDAY I had to get this up this morning:

Today, September 17th --our granddaughter, Amanda, will turn 21--is it possible that this little girl

is actually turning 21


















September 24--Amanda's dad, Neal, will turn (well let's just say he will be another year older than last year ; )














I love this 4 generation shot of Great-grandma, Grandpa Allan, Neal, and little G-man.














Also on Neal's birthday, Allan's daughter, Wendy, and her husband, Tony, will celebrate their 13th wedding anniversary.


On September 30th another granddaughter, Miss Kiah, will turn 17. How can it be that this little one, who I made cry the first time I held her is actually going to graduate from high school in June??? I've always wondered: "Was it me that made her cry or since I was pregnant with Kyle, is it possible that Kyle kicked her???" (Jason can't figure out why his sister, Kiah, is crying--he knows his grandma is a pretty nice lady!!!)


.

I wish I had Kiah's senior picture, but I don't think it's available. She did send me this one of her and her brother, Drew and this one of her with her sister, Hannah.





Hope you each enjoy your special day. By the way, if your dad/grandpa and I had an extra million and a half dollars we'd get you one of these. Wait, we'd have to have a million and a half for each one--forget it. Never mind, if we had an extra million and a half dollars we'd get one for us!!!
I love you all and hope each of you has a wonderful day. When we're all together next June we'll celebrate EVERYTHING!!!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday and Anniversary to your family!! What a beautiful family you have! Oh, and I bet Amanda is extra special. ;)

Nancy Face said...

♥ the pictures of Amanda and Kiah, from babies to gorgeous grown-up girls! :D

4-generation shots are priceless!

Susie said...

Happy Birthday/anniversary to your celebrants!
My oldest granddaughter's birthday is today too!
:)

txmommy said...

Happy Everything!
You have a lovely family.

I love the spread-out-ness of it, it reminds me of me, except I don't have grandkids yet and little is 2 so there will be a little gap :)

Anne Bradshaw said...

Found you on the LDS Blogring and had to say how much I've enjoyed your blog. How wonderful that you've kept up with technology. I'm no youngster, either, and love the things these computers can do and the the things we can learn from others. And I'm grateful for a safe place within this ring. Thanks for sharing your family.

No Cool Story said...

SWEEEET! Congrats on all/to all birthday peeps :)
What a great family you have.

Lauren said...

Happy birthday to everyone! And Happy Anniversary!!!

WHat kind of car is that???

Yvonne said...

Amanda: Thanks--and yes, Amanda is one special young lady.

Nancy: I LOVE pictures. We have a 5 generation shot of my grandson, Chris.

Susie: Happy Birthday to your granddaughter, too.

txmommy: Thanks. We are definitely spread out. In fact, my 16 y.o. has nieces and nephews much older than him. They refuse to call him Uncle Kyle.

anne: Thanks, glad you stopped by. I love all this marvelous technology. You are right there is so much we can learn.

NCS: Thanks for the congrats.

Lauren: Thanks--it is a Lamborghini. I love it because it reminds me of the Batmobile.

Melissa said...

WOW! What great pictures! I love seeing your family :D I hope all the birthdays and anniversaries are wonderful! Isn't it hard to be away from family and miss these things? Blah!

Calamity Jane said...

I feel a bit snoopy, but really enjoy all of the postings of your family, I am about ready to be adopted.

Holly said...

You have a beautiful family Yvonne.

Hey, someone tagged me, so I tagged you! Check my blog for the details...if you don't want to do it, no sweat.

Tori :) said...

I love how you're the pregnant grandma!! My little sister is only 11 months older than my son... :)

Yvonne said...

Melissa: I'm glad you enjoyed seeing the pictures because I LOVE sharing my family. I hope their celebrations are all great, too--like you said, it's tough being away.

Calamity Jane: As I told Melissa, I love sharing my family with everyone.

Holly: Thanks for the tag--I'll see if I can come up with some interesting facts about me!?!

Tori: In the first 10 years of our marriage we had a child or a grandchild born every year--one per year. Kind of fun, eh?

Lammy said...

what a gorgeous family!
Thanks for the peek!