Friday, October 26, 2007

Gotta Love Randomness

Allan is doing great and we are on our road trip. We were hoping to hit Bismarck early enough to do a session at the temple, but we had to wait for someone to drop something off and we got out around 12:30 (Our ward has a temple trip this weekend, so Kyle will be going with the youth--of course, he was hoping we'd let him take the van by himself--yeah, right!!!!) (I'm actually writing this post in Bismarck, and we are off today to beyond Bozeman.)

I also wanted to let you all know that my Seminary kids still got the fortune cookies. I had mentioned before that because of the oil, the writing came off--but I found I didn't have that problem if the message was typed!!! They were fun--with sayings like, "You are a wonderful child of God. He will be with you ALWAYS." "Your Seminary Teacher loves you, but more importantly so does Heavenly Father" "You can truly 'scatter sunshine all along your way'--think about all whose life you will brighten" "As you read your scriptures, look for the doctrine being taught and remember to apply!!!"

Now that we will be back in Winnipeg for the Scripture Mastery Challenge of the Youth vs. the Stake--Allan and I have to be more diligent in memorizing our 25 Old Testament scriptures. (So, I know what we'll be doing in the car!!!)

Heidi was so happy when we told her we were coming--she was so worried she was going to buy a ticket to fly home this weekend!!! It'll be great to see her and Brent, and I know Allan's mom will be relieved when she sees her "little boy". So if you see a couple of old people walking around Orem--give us a wave!!! When we get to California to visit Stephen and Daphne, we will be running like crazy because the weekend we are there one grandson has a baseball tournament, a granddaughter has a soccer game, and one granddaughter is a cheerleader and there is a home football game so we'll go to that next Friday night. It seems like it's been quite awhile since I've seen my sisters, so that will be fun. I didn't get to see Wendy and Tony when Allan flew to Indiana for Tony's dad's funeral, so it will be great to have dinner with them in Reno.

Also, packed in my bags is

13 comments:

annie said...

The cookies are wonderful! Great messages too.
Hope you have a fun journey.
Prayers for safe travel.

PJ said...

What a fun idea, Scripture mastery youth vs. Stake!

Have a most wonderful time, I look forward to READING all about it:)

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

Uh oh... your nose might get stuck in that book. Be careful!

Nancy Face said...

Yay, road trip! The fortune cookies look great, and the messages are so sweet! Go, Scripture Mastery! I'm not so sure about the other adults, but I'm confident you and hubby will get all 25! :)

Have fun reading Twilight...if you don't like it, I'll eat my socks! :D

Melissa said...

What a fun trip! Road trips are great if you don't have to rush through them! I hope you have a great time :)

Holly said...

Have a fun trip! Thanks for letting us go along for the ride.

Tori :) said...

YAY! You're reading Twilight. Jacob is mine... but you don't really learn much about him until New Moon anyway.
Cute cookies!

Lauren said...

I love fortune cookies!!

But not as much as I love you!

I know you will love the books...and if you don't I will cry. Actually, I hope you love Edward!!

Kayelyn said...

Did I ever tell you that I love your ideas. I love the energy you put into teaching the children at seminary.

I wish I had had a seminary teacher like you. I only had one that I really connected with.

You are da bomb! (That's a good thing.)

Tonya said...

I'm glad that you guys are doing well. I hope you have a wonderful trip. Enjoy!

JustRandi said...

I hope your having a marvelous time. Don't forget - real women are on Team Jacob!

Yvonne said...

annie: thanks--the cookies were fun. I appreciate the prayers.

pj: the trip is going well. We're having a great time.

gina: Yeah, I'm hoping to read the books on the trip because when I'm home there's way too many other things to do.

nancy face: Thanks--the fortune cookies really were fun. Allan and I are working like crazy--we know we can't get all 25 down, but it will be fun. I'm sure you won't need to eat your socks.

melissa: We don't feel like we have to rush so it's great.

holly: The trip is going great. It will be fun to have all of you along.

tori: I will start the books soon, but at least now I have two. Heidi is very excited about reading them.

lauren: You are too sweet. Heidi and I sat looking at your blog the other night--she just loves yours so much. She's also very excited about reading the books.

kayelyn: I love teaching the youth--sometimes I think I'm too intense, but I just love them so much and I want them to be happy.
Thanks.

tonya: The trip is great.

justrandi: I'll know more after I read the book!

Heidi said...

Warning: once you start "Twilight" you will be hooked!!! It is an addiction--I CAN'T get enough! I have never read a book so fast in my life!