Thursday, October 4, 2007

Halloween Tag

My daughter in law Macy tagged anyone who wanted to do this and didn't have any ideas for a post, so I thought, heck, why not. I'd like to do the same and tag anyone who thinks it might be fun. (It is!!! If you decide to do it, please leave a comment, so I can visit your blog and see what you have to say.)
I love Halloween. One of my favorite things to do is carve pumpkins--although I must admit Stephen is the expert when it comes to carving them. I do think Kyle has inherited the ability to carve, too



When I read txmommy's blog the other day, she posted a picture of one of her children in a pumpkin patch. I love pictures in pumpkin patches, like this of Jason and Kiah







or this of Heidi, Brent, and Kyle--don't you just love people who take pictures when you have to look directly INTO the sun!!!













Now, back to the tag--The questions are:

Do you think Halloween costumes for kids and teenagers are too provocative these days? I have to say I haven't seen any of the children or teenagers wearing anything too provocative here in Winnipeg. (Of course, I've seen plenty of clothing that I'm a little worried about, but not necessarily Halloween costumes)

What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

The movie that has always scared me is Psycho--it still does today. I won't even watch it if it's on. I do remember as a young girl seeing a movie with the line, "I Saw What You Did and I Know Who You Are." It was in the days when my girlfriends and I used to crank call people. (I could do a funny post on Kyle and his friends crank calling and what happened!!! Didn't they know about caller ID) It was about a couple of girls who cranked call this man and said that and he had just murdered his wife. (I don't think we made any more crank calls after the movie.) One more would have to be Night of the Living Dead (this would be the original)


What's the first Halloween costume that you remember wearing?
The mind is not that good--Do you have any idea how long ago that was????? I do remember going as a nurse, an old lady, and a teacher. When Stephen was little we went as clowns. That was a lot of fun.


In fact, I wore that costume again, some 18 years later with Heidi and Brent.












When was the last time you dressed up for Halloween? What did you go as? I think it was for a youth activity, and what else, I used my clown costume.

(I'm adding this question): What was your children's favorite Halloween costume? I've had some great costumes for my kids. One year Brent and Kyle went as Men in Black--










One year I made Brent a costume so he could be his favorite cartoon/video game character--Mega Man.





And one year I made Kyle a spider costume which I thought turned out pretty good.



















When you were growing up, what was the weather like on Halloween night? Did you ever have to trick or treat in a heavy coat or through the snow?
I don't ever remember having to wear a jacket on Halloween when I was growing up. That's not something my kids living here in Winnipeg could ever say. We always had to do our costumes with the temperatures in mind.


SO COME ON--IF YOU'VE GOT SOME GREAT HALLOWEEN MEMORIES PUT THEM TOGETHER. IT REALLY IS FUN. THANKS FOR THE IDEA, MACY.

13 comments:

Amanda said...

This was so fun to read! You have had some fun halloweens in your family! I love the Men in black costumes!!! I may have to steal this for my husband and son! :) Fun tag....hmmmmm maybe I'll have to do it too. :)

Nancy Face said...

I was already planning a "Halloween costume" post...so I probably WILL add the questions! :)

I've never carved my own pumpkin in my entire life...pathetic, eh? ;)

All the pictures are great, and my favorite is the precious pumpkin patch picture! (Wow, that's a lot of P's!) :)

Your clown costumes are da bomb! :D

The MIB look WAY cool! :)

Sorry I'm an uneducated swine...but who is Mega Man?

I like the spider 'cause he's happy! :)

I have actually sweated like a pig (swine) on Halloween in Arizona. :0

I completed another novel, oh yeah!

Suzanne said...

How fun to share all your Halloween memories! You guys are so talented at carving pumpkins. I always have trouble even making a face and even then, my jack-o-lanterns usually end up with less teeth than I intended! LOL! :D

Melissa said...

Fun list! I love the pumpkins! Those are awesome! I just might play along :D

PJ said...

I love that!

What a great idea, hmmm maybe something for me to do tomorrow while doing laundry:)

Tori :) said...

Oooh! Fun! I love all the pics and ideas!!

Lauren said...

I LOVE Halloween! I loved reading this!!

CHEL said...

Those are great pumpkins! Remind me not to show you ours!
I love pumpkin patches... I love everything about this time of year. I can't wait for all the activities to start kicking in next week! FUN!

And as for scary costumes... I think clowns are the scariest. I don't like them one bit, they totally SCARE me!

Tristi Pinkston said...

That is some seriously great pumpkin carving. I can do a basic face -- triangle eyes, etc. -- but beyond that, I'm clueless.

Yvonne said...

Amanda: I wish I were closer to my grandkids because I don't think anyone in our house will be dressing up anymore. I will miss it. I hope you do the post.

nancy face: I LOVE YOUR NOVELS--Can't wait for your Halloween costume post. I should have linked to my grandson (G-man) in the pumpkin patch. It is soooooo cute. (Maybe I'll do that on another post) Mega Man was a video game character who wore a blue unform, gloves, and helmet. I loved the spider and it's quite cute when Kyle extends his arms because there are 8.

suzanne: we love doing the pumkins--there are always mistakes, but hey, we don't care. I hate cleaning the pumpkins out.

melissa: I hope you do the post.

pj: I bet you have some great pictures that will be fun to see.

tori: thanks

lauren: I love Halloween, too.

chel: Didn't mean to scare you with our clown costumes--did you see a movie about clowns, is that why they scare you??? I have not been to a pumpkin patch since we moved here--and I miss them.

tristi: I was amazed when Kyle designed his "Kings" (Sacramento BB team) pumpkin. They really are fun. Thanks for stopping by.

Amber said...

It's funny - crazy cold temperatures definitely have an impact on the modesty level. :-)

No Cool Story said...

Ditto, that was a great read.
Yet another reason why Fall is the bestest season ever.

Tashasc30 said...

i love halloween! i like reading your posts