Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

It's not that I didn't want to be a cow, but SOMEONE had to take the picture!!!

The trip continues to be great fun. I am so enjoying this time with Allan. Our walks in the morning--(well his walk, my run to try and keep up,) have been great. The weather has been wonderful.

We spent Family Home Evening at the Corn Maze (I think it was in Pleasant Grove). A number of years ago, Heidi, Allan and Neal went there to celebrate Heidi's birthday. So, Heidi has been wanting to go back. First off, Heidi was so incredibly disappointed because the cow train stopped running at 7:00 and we got there right after 7:00. She was convinced her dad had stalled so he didn't have to have his knees up to his chest while riding around. He is 6' 4" so it wouldn't be terribly comfortable.

We left Orem Tuesday morning and headed up to Salt Lake. Brent wanted to take us to Hires Big H for lunch. I had been there before but Allan had not. It was as good as I remembered it. We dropped Brent off at his dorm and then headed for Elko.

Of course, no trip to Elko is ever complete without eating dinner at The Star. We had decided to split a steak. (If you've ever eaten there you know they serve their meals Basque style and there is tons of food.) It was delicious.

We are now headed to the Bay Area to visit with friends and to see 4 of my sisters and their families. It will be fun. I can't even remember the last time I saw my sisters--well, two of them I saw June 2006, but the others it has been about 3 years!!! It's funny because we are all getting older and when I saw my sister in Texas about 4 years ago, I kept looking at her thinking "My gosh, she looks so much older". Then I chuckled knowing she was probably THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!!!

Hope all of you have a FABULOUS HALLOWEEN. I'm hoping to post Halloween pictures of my Auburn grandchildren when I see them on the weekend, but I wanted you all to enjoy this one of my little Boston grandson, G-man!!!

19 comments:

Nancy Face said...

The cow is sooo sad because she has no face. :(

Your trip sounds so fun! Have a great time visiting your sisters! :)

I enjoyed all your pictures, especially the one of G-man...oh my goodness, he is the cutest little elephant EVER! :o)

Tori :) said...

I'm so glad you're having a great trip!

That is the cutest elephant I've ever seen!!

Macy said...

Mmmmm.....Hires.

JustRandi said...

Awwww - so cute! Glad you're having a good time!

annie said...

Sounds like you are having so much fun! Adorable little elephant too!

Holly said...

Wave at the ocean for me, will you? I love Idaho, but I miss the Bay Area so much!

Ashley said...

When I think of fall weather, I think of Utah fall weather. I might have to jot down and visit there myself. It is so wonderful you get to visit so much family this trip. LOVE the elephant, he is adorable.

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you're having so much fun on your trip! That little elephant is definitely the cutest one I've ever seen!

Do you watch the t.v. show The Office? I think your son Brent looks like Jim from that show! :)

Melissa said...

It sounds like you are having a fantastic time!! Wish the Bay area was a little closer... I'd make a road trip to come have lunch or something ;)
And that elephant... SO CUTE!

Tonya said...

Oh my gosh, I do believe that is the cutest little elephant that I've ever seen.

I'm glad you are enjoying your trip. I know how you feel about walk/running to keep up with people. I am like that with most people I walk with. Darn these short little legs..LOL

txmommy said...

happy Halloween! Sounds like you guys are having so much fun!

cute little elephant:)

romy said...

Hey! Glad to read that you're having a great time! I was just checking to make sure you were all well..I just heard about the 5.6 quake in the Bay area!

Happy Halloween to you too, and your grandson is so adorable! My nephew Ethan wore a Dumbo costume last Halloween...so I'll say they're BOTH the cutest little boy elephants I've ever seen!

Take care! Miss you guys!

Chel said...

Your comment was so funny about the missing cow face! :)

I am glad you are having a great trip. How fun for you to see your sisters! I wish I saw my sisters more often.

Cute elephant!

Nancy Face said...

Yvonne! I found the most exciting and mysterious box in the mail! Thank you, thank you, thank you! My hubby and I were both so surprised! Lauren just wants to get in it, but I told her we're saving it for our anniversary, hee hee! You are such a sweetheart! :)

PJ said...

Shucks about the cow train:D

Looks like you are having a GREAT time.

Cutest Elephant ever!

Amanda said...

I wouldn't want to be a cow either! :) That is a mighty cute elephant though!

I heart Hires BIG time!!! I have to go there everytime I go home to Utah.

Be safe on your trip!

Yvonne said...

nancyface: Having a lot of fun. I agree about the elephant.

tori: the trip is great. Love the elephant.

macy: Yum is all I can say about Hires!!!

justrandi: It's all great.

annie: thanks--it's really going great.

holly: I love the ocean, too.

ashley: Nothing better than being with family. I can't wait to get to Boston to see the elephant.

suzanne: the trip is great--I agree about the elephant. Yes, I have watched The Office, can't remember too much about Jim.

melissa: It would be so fun to have lunch--wish I was heading down your way. I'll let you know if I ever get there.

tonya: I agree about the elephant. Now, regarding short legs--I'm 5'7" and I always thought I had long legs, but they just can't move that fast!!!

txmommy: thanks--it is a fun trip. Hope you had a great Halloween.

romy: We weren't down in the Bay Area during the quake. (We were up at the Visitor's Center in Oakland yesterday and I asked one of the sister missionaries what she thought about the quake--you have to understand that the visitor's center sits right on a hill and it's all glass (I would have been a little freaked if I was there).

We'll be home for the scripture mastery activity--you have to come!!!

chel: I feel bad that the cow face was empty!!! It's hard to be so far away from family, but it sure makes it great to be together.

nancyface: glad the treat arrived--you said you really liked that treat so I thought it was the perfect gift. Enjoy.

pj: Yeah, it was too bad about the cow train. The little g-man is growing way too fast for this grandma! We are having a great time.

Amanda: I should have just gotten in the pic!!! All is going well on the trip.

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

Agreed that is the most adorable elephant, like, EVER!!!

That was funny that you have to run to keep up with Allan.

Glad you had such a fun time! I haven't been to a corn maze since I was single!

Heidi said...

I love how the picture captures my true disappointment of not being able to ride the cow train--I still cry myself to sleep;)