Wednesday, October 24, 2007

An Update

All is well at our home. I picked up Allan this morning and off we went to the Cardiologist. We were very lucky in that one artery was completely blocked (so they put in the stent) and there was some question with another. The doctor said the cardiologist was a little concerned and considered bypass surgery, but finally decided it was not necessary (thanks for all those prayers, everyone). He told Allan he could go to work on Thrusday and on Friday he could start jogging again. Allan talked to him about our taking a road trip to go and visit our family and the doctor said that was fine. So we will head to Utah, Nevada, and California. (I know Allan's mom will feel better once he sees him, and so will the kids and grandkids out west. I'll make a plane trip to Boston to see little G-man in early December)

As a sidenote, I think one of the most difficult things about writing a blog is people reading who don't know me--I'm a little sensitive right now, and I really think there may be people that thought my biggest concern over the past few days was not being able to go to China. TOTALLY NOT TRUE. Was I disappointed? Sure, I have to be honest, I was very sad. My main concern is my husband and for anyone to even question that is quite bothersome to me. I am not a very good writer (didn't need to tell you that--it's obvious), I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I'm super-sensitive. I have 7 children and I've tried to be very strong for each of them. Many of them live far away and I know how difficult it is for them to not be here, and I wanted them to not worry--maybe my blog read like I wasn't concerned or worried or whatever. (Romy, if you read this, thanks for your phone call last night. You know how much I love you and appreciate your concern and your prayers, as well as the concern of everyone in the Stake.) When I mentioned coming home from the hospital and crying, those tears were not for the trip. As I was talking to one of my daughters last night I told her one of the hardest things is I've always depended on Allan to be the one I lean on, and when he's not here for me to lean on, it's hard. I'm grateful to the Lord and so incredibly grateful that He does lift my burdens.

China will always be there--we will go one day. I am not worried about that in the least. And, even if we never have a chance to go, big deal!!!

Thanks to all of you for your love and support.

22 comments:

Kimberly said...

This is an automated blog comment: “I am sooooo far behind! I’m catching up on all my blog reading this afternoon but don’t have the time or energy to be creative with my comments. I read. I loved. You’re fab. Seriously.”

Praying for you guys!

Chel said...

I was just catching up too! For me, I could totally see your pain was for your hubby, not that you weren't going to China. (as you know I've had "weird" comments about certain things, but they are from people that don't know me.)
You are a strong person and your husband is so lucky to have you!

Tori :) said...

I know your hubby far outranks trips to China!! Canceling the trip was a bummer, but WOW- you've been blessed.
((HUGS)))

Ashley said...

I don't know you personally but I knew where your concerns were. A trip is just a trip. Family is SO very important. I hope nothing I said made you feel bad. I think you are very sweet and I just want you to know your situation has been on my mind, and I am grateful to hear no bypass was needed. Hope you are able to feel better (emotionally) soon.

romy said...

I don't think that ANYONE, even people who may be randomly reading blogs, would EVER think that you were more concerned about not being able to go to China than the well being of your husband! You are one of the most sincere and genuine people I know, and that's only one of the reasons I love you so!

Glad to read that all is well and that Pres. R will soon be up and about again...hopefully he'll be taking things a little bit easier than his normal pace, at least for a few days! Does he have a speed other than "full throttle"?! Hahaha!

Have a wonderful trip visiting family in Utah, Nevada, and California (also glad to know you're heading far from the wildfire areas!) Most of all...don't YOU forget to RELAX too! And eat some (or lots!)of that yummy Ghirardelli chocolate!
HUGS! See you when you get back!

JustRandi said...

I completely got it. You were concerned about you husband! I'm so glad he's doing better!

Amanda said...

Ditto to Tori's comment. I'm so glad to hear that he is doing okay!!! :D

Neal said...

Hey - I see this as an opportunity to take you guys to Japan and China myself ; )

Tonya said...

Well, I don't know who could read your posts and not see the love and concern you had/have for your husband. It was quite obvious to me that your tears were tears of relief/sadness/exhaustion and the least of which was about a silly trip.

Please don't be hard on yourself. I think you are awesome and love your posts!!

Suzanne said...

I agree with everyone's comments here. Yvonne, you write in a way that let's people see your heart. I don't see how anyone could have thought that your concern wasn't with the safety and comfort of your husband first and foremost. That is just who you are and we see that, even if it's not written.

Suzanne said...

Although...it was written too. I hope no one made an insensitive comment to you!

Melissa said...

Oh Yvonne :( I'm sorry to hear that you will be spending your anniversary apart and that you won't be going to China. But, I am glad that they caught this now. Hopefully the angioplasty will help so that he doesn't have any future problems... (((hugs)))

Melissa said...

Okay - so Blogger is being weird... I posted that first comment on your previous blog post... how weird is that? :S
I know you love your hubby more than anything in the world! You'd be crazy to not be disappointed over the trip, but we all know your heart is with your family!

Nancy Face said...

Your writing is so sweet, genuine and sincere, there was no doubt...at all...about your love and concern for your hubby.

I'm so amazed that he can go back to work and jogging so quickly! And what a wonderful blessing that bypass surgery is not needed! You two can have such fun on your road trip, and all of that time together can make up for the lonely anniversary! (((HUGS))) :)

Scuttle said...

I am so glad things are looking up. You can do it. Remember even Sister Hinckley had a dream to Walk the wall of China. Sometimes our dreams take detours. I know that if that had happened to my hubby, he would not have been able to put work down to Heal! What a major blessing for him and you to have this time together regroup and start again. Your the Greatest!!

Holly said...

I don't think anyone would have ever thought you were more concerned about China than you were about Allan. I'm sure the past couple of weeks have been an emotional roller coaster for you.

I'm just glad that you were able to find out what was wrong and that he's able to get the treatment he needs.

PJ said...

I could see your tears were for your hubby, and how fast everything landed you sitting with him in the hospital, and how precious life is. You are amazing, Yvonne. I'm so glad you discovered the blog world:)

PJ said...

I was signed in under the wrong PJ, OK...that's better;)

annie said...

So glad Allan is doing well and that he didn't need the bypass surgery! Prayers for a quick recovery!

Yvonne said...

kimberly: love the automated comment--very smart. Thanks for your prayers.

chel: Thank you for your sweet comments. I'm very lucky to have such a great man.

tori: yes, we have definitely been blessed--prayers have certainly been answered. thanks for the hugs, Tori.

ashley: you are so right--a trip is just a trip and family is everything. PLEASE KNOW YOU HAVE NEVER SAID ANYTHING TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD.

romy: thank you so much. He is up and about and doesn't feel any different than he did. (He does have only one speed--are you surprised???)
You know chocolate is in the plans!!!

justrandi: thanks for your comment--he is doing great.

amanda: thanks--thought of you today as we were traveling through ND.

neal: you know how much we've always wanted to travel with you.

tonya: I'm so glad you understood what the tears were from. Thanks for being you.

suzanne: thank you--I'm sure I was just being overly sensitive.

melissa: thanks for understanding where my heart was. The hugs are much appreciated.

nancyface: It's been great having him all to myself in the car today. He said it was the weirdest thing to have someone in there working on your heart and not feeling it. I'm so grateful for the advances in medicine. Love the hugs.

scuttle: You are so incredibly sweet, just like your sister. You are so right about detours in our lives--my hubby calls them bumps in the road.

holly: Thanks for your kind words. I kept thinking of the picture of the doctor and the Savior you posted the other day.

pj: You are so kind. Thank you.

Yvonne said...

annie: we must have been posting at the same time. Thank you so much--I'm also relieved he didn't need the bypass surgery.

Lauren said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I can't even imagine the stress and worry you must have been feeling. You are such a kind perosn, it radiates through your posts and comments. No one would even think you insensitive.