Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A VERY SAD POST

I had a post all ready to go with a picture of my practice fortune cookies and then my husband called this afternoon, and gave me the bad news. We are not going to China. He had gone to the doctor a few months ago and after looking at his EKG the doctor was concerened about a couple of things on the EKG, so he referred him to a cardiologist. Today he had his appointment, and apparently Allan has had a couple of heart attacks (unknown to him--well, he had chest pains but didn't think they were anything to worry about.) After doing the EKG, the doctor immediately scheduled an angiogram for next week (on our anniversary). The fact that he didn't have to wait six months to have the procedure is a surprise. We will know more next week, but he has definitely told him he cannot go to China. Allan told me I could go ahead and go without him--no way in the world would I do that!!!! I felt so bad for him because I know he feels bad, but obviously all of us are more concerned about him than the trip. I must admit he is relieved that the angiogram isn't before Stake Conference, so that won't be a problem.

Allan and I have commented all day that this is like a bad dream and we both just want to wake up!!! As sad as I am, I'm grateful that we didn't go to China and have a problem there.

I was so looking forward to sending Goodmail from China, and sorry, Tori, I was so looking forward to finding you just the right magnet--it was on my list. And the funniest thing of all--I can't bring myself to have a piece of chocolate!!!

On a much lighter note, a couple of days ago I received my first Good Mail from Nancyface. The card was absolutely hysterical and had a woman on a scale with the caption: "The scariest thing about Halloween...is the amount of candy we eat before the trick-or-treaters arrive!" (Oh, Nancyface, you know me so well!!!) It also contained the cutest little scarecrow foam stickers.

And my sweet husband gave me my anniversary present early--he wanted to be sure I had contact with my blogging friends, my seminary kids, and family, so he got me this MacPro He's such a sweetheart.

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh Yvonne, I'm so sad that you don't get to go to China! I will be hoping and praying that everything goes well with your hubby's angiogram next week. It's interesting how life throws us a curve ball once in awhile, completely out of the blue. Let me know if you need anything! ***hugs***

Ashley said...

Oh man I know you were so looking forward to your trip. Things happen and it is a blessing that a problem was detected here and not during a trip far from home. I hope everything works out okay! You all are definitely in my prayers.

Lauren said...

What a sweet husband!!!

I am so sorry you aren't going to China! If I lived by you I would take you to Panda Express...that's the best I could do haha.

My mom suprised me by sending me Good Mail too! She is crazay

Nancy Face said...

OH NOOO! I'm so sorry you can't go to China! Here's a big hug...
(((Yvonne))) I'm also sorry the angiogram will be on your anniversary, but it's good that it was scheduled so quickly. I'll be praying for you and your hubby. What an incredible blessing it is that his heart attacks were relatively mild.

Your fortune cookies look cute! :)

I'm glad you got your Good Mail! There WILL be more in the future, my friend! :o)

Your anniversary gift is awesome! :0

Theresa said...

wow - life does give you unexpected turns. I hope it's not very serious...

Anyways, here's my approval of your great taste - I haved turned into a mac-geek during the last year, since I "inherited" my brother's ibook, and it's the way to go. Best computers ever...
Greetings from Baltimore - It's warm (about 25) and nice here. But the (lack of) driving skills of the marylanders never cease to amaze me (working on a project at university of Maryland) HUGS!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

So sorry about your hubby. Poor guy. You are right, it would have been horrible is something happened IN China.

Congrats on the Mac book. I love my powerbook!

Macy said...

The fortune cookies look great. I know Allan's procedure will go well. My dad had an angiogram a couple months ago. I'm glad they found the issue and I'm REALLY glad you weren't in China. Maybe no more cruises after Homer and now this. :) I'm glad for travel insurance.

Your computer is very pretty. I'm jealous.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry about your trip! But what a blessing that you found all this out before you went, and that you could get the procedure scheduled so quickly. You'll both be in my prayers that it all goes well.

Tori :) said...

Yvonne that is such a bummer, but possibly a blessing in disguise. Thank goodness they found this before you were out on a big boat in the middle of the ocean.
Don't you worry about my magnet. (((HUGS))) Take care of your hubby.

PJ said...

That IS a sad post! I am SO sorry!

I hope all goes well next week:)

Love the new laptop!

Amber said...

I'm so sad for you! But you're right: at least they caught it now and not later!!!

Tonya said...

Oh Yvonne, I'm so sorry that you don't get to go on your trip. I know you were so looking forward to it. Like you said though, it's good that you didn't go and have something happen there.

Wow, what a scary time for you both. I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

On a happy note, I'm way impressed with your cookies!

Keep us up to date. I'll be thinking of you.

If it helps, I'll eat some chocolate for you. I'm just giving like that..LOL

Melissa said...

(((Yvonne))) I'm so sorry about your trip :( I hope everything goes well with the angiogram next week. That was VERY sweet of him to get you that super fun lap top! Keep us updated....

Yvonne said...

EVERYONE--Thank you for all your kind words, hugs, and prayers.

See post for today for an update.