Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Fantastic Trip

Our time in Honolulu was wonderful. The time went by so incredibly fast--the weather was beautiful, the accommodations were lovely, the food was delicious, it was GREAT!!!

I had been so disappointed because I couldn't post any pictures. It must have been something with the connection in the condo--although I did manage to post some pictures on our family website?!? (So I had to wait until we arrived in Bozeman (tonight) so I could post these)

So, let me tell you about some of the things we did. As I mentioned in my previous post we arrived on Wednesday. On Thursday, after Allan and I had our morning walk, we ate a lovely breakfast and then Allan and his sisters went to Chinatown. While there Allan got us all leis. I went to the pool to read and get some sun. I didn't realize my MIL didn't go with them until I came back to the room, so she and I visited and then when everyone else got back we played Apples to Apples--I had heard so much about it that I decided to buy it for the trip. We laughed and laughed--thanks to my blogging buddies who have talked about this on their blogs! We went to the Chinese restaurant for dinner--it was delicious.

On Friday morning we flew over to Maui. I loved being there. (I truly love Maui) We went to the condo where we are staying in July--it was beautiful. We checked out a lot of other places--it was fun. We went by Kaanapali Shores where Allan and I stayed on our honeymoon--photo op. (Gosh, we look a little different than we did 25 years ago!!!)













But you have to check out the pic my son, Neal, posted on our family website. He had been giving us a bad time because a few of the pictures we had posted could have been anywhere, so I posted this picture of Allan and I as "PROOF" that we were there--he then posted this one of he and Macy, and G-man and wrote "See, we were there, too!!!" (He is so incredible with photoshop!!!)



In the afternoon my SIL, Bev, and I decided we were going to be brave and we checked out going parasailing. Guess what--WE DID IT!!! I'M SURPRISED YOU ALL DIDN'T HEAR ME SCREAMING!!! I have some absolutely hysterical shots of me--I LOOK TOTALLY PETRIFIED--I wonder why!!! Honestly, it was great fun. I would do it again.
























We flew back to Honolulu. We were going to go to the temple the next morning, but we decided we were running too much and needed to slow down. Allan was having a little pain in his chest, so Bev and I ended up going to the hospital with him on Saturday. We were in the Emergency room for a few hours. I am happy because he is fine--this whole heart business is so new to us, we just wanted to be sure!!! (Bev is more crazy than I am with the camera and she took his picture (and, so I had to ham it up since I had my book with me!!!)Allan was more worried about not making our dinner reservations--made me laugh because it reminded me of the time I ended u in the emergency room in Canada with chest pains. They were putting the leads on for the EKG when I asked "How long is this going to take? I'm supposed to give the prayer at a funeral this afternoon." (Fortunately they didn't call for a psych evaluation ; )



We did manage to get back in time to make our reservations and we had a lovely dinner and were treated to a beautiful sunset. The sunsets in Hawaii are always so incredible.














We had a great Sunday--I love going to Church there. We were out on the balcony taking pictures and saw this beautiful rainbow. Can you believe it???












On Monday morning, Allan, Bev and I went into the ocean for awhile in the morning. Had a lovely breakfast and then drove over to the other side of the island to see the temple. It was as beautiful as ever!!!











We went to Turtle Bay Resort for dinner and once again saw another incredible sunset--it was so beautiful.










It was a great trip. I really can't wait to go back with all the kids--it will be so fun.

Then we headed for the airport for our red eye flight. Wish I could have slept because I was dead tired on Tuesday, but at least I almost finished New Moon.

18 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip. Is it wrong to be green with envy? I so hope that I can go there someday. You and hubby deserve the relaxation and I'm glad that his heart is doing well.

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

So glad you could finally get your photos up! You guys look great! So refreshed!

Love your orange flip flops and positioning of your copy of New Moon. Aren't you so excited to read Eclipse! Ah! and we have to wait like 10 more months for the next one... it's just not right.

Nancy Face said...

Your leis are so pretty...what a sweet hubby you have!

Yay for Apples to Apples! I love playing it and laughing!

I'm so amazed by that photoshop picture!

PARASAILING? hooray, you're so brave!

Your ER picture is cute, and I'm glad all was well. Are you finished reading New Moon yet?

Your pictures of the sunsets and rainbow and the temple are all beautiful! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time! :)

txmommy said...

sounds wonderful!!!

I heart Edward :)

Welcome home!

PJ said...

Such a fun, beautiful trip. So happy you guys could go, and enjoy it with family!

Love the Photo shop joke:D

Tori :) said...

What a wonderful anniversary trip afterall!! I've loved reading about all your travels. :)

Jacob Black is mine.

Melissa said...

Speechless! I'm looking at all the amazing pictures and thinking... wow! I wanna go too! :) I'm so glad you had such a great time (minus the hospital visit, of course...)

Holly said...

Fun pictures. I'm so glad you had a great time, and I'm so glad that Allan's doing well. We love Apples to Apples and our boys love the junior version. Awesome game!

JustRandi said...

WOW! It looks incredible. And you even did the parasailing! I'm so impressed!

Go Team Jacob!

Lauren said...

Hooray for Apples to Apples! I love that game. Isn't it just so hilarious?!

All of your pictures are amazing! I am so glad you had fun!

Yay for New Moon... Team Edward!

Nancy Face said...

I have an award for you! :)

Team Edward!

Ashley said...

I am glad you all had so much fun. Glad hubby was okay and you all got to spend a lot time with family. Priceless. I don't know if I am even brave enough to parasail(sp?).

Chel said...

WOW! That is so awesome! It sounds like you had such a lovely time.
I love to parasail! Aren't you glad you did it?!
I love your pictures and the sunsets.
My hubby lived there for 4 months after his mission and we are going back together in February for 10 days, I can't wait!
I loved reading about your vacation!

P.S. You commented on most of my posts.... except for the one where I gave you an award!!

annie said...

It sounds and looks like it was such a wonderful trip! The parasailing looks amazing! I'm so glad everything turned out ok at the er!
blessings~
Annie

Amanda said...

Oh Yvonne, I am so happy that you had such a wonderful time! Your pictures are lovely! Parasailing! You are one brave, adventurous woman! :) Your son is funny with the photoshop picture! hahaha And the hospital picture is so funny! Glad that you were able to get some reading done while you waited! :)

Thanks for the email! You are such a sweetheart! I have missed my blogging friends so much! :( The invitation is still open for next years Time out for women here in Rapid City. :)

Have you visited Wendy's blog? She used to live in our ward here in Rapid City, but now lives in Hawaii. She is so cute and her blog is a lot of fun!

Yvonne said...

tonya: You'll love Hawaii. Thanks--I'm glad his heart is doing well, too.

liam's mom: I was so grateful my niece lent me her flip flops--I hadn't packed any. I am very excited to get into Eclipse, but trying to get caught up with Seminary will mean it will have to wait awhile.

nancyface: Yes, he is a sweet guy. We have really enjoyed Apples to Apples.

Isn't the photoshop pic hysterical?!? Believe me, if I posted the "scared spitless' picture of me you'd know how not brave I really am!

Yes, I am finished with New Moon. I will have to post about it son.

We did have a great time.

txmommy: Everything was wonderful. I am a big Edward fan.

It's good to be home!

PJ: The trip was so great, but it is wonderful to be home.

tori: I can't believe we had 3 weeks together (sometimes actually alone!!!)

I haven't gotten into Jacob at all--maybe when I get int the 3rd book I will feel differently.

melissa: Thanks, it was such fun and such great memories.

holly: Thank you. I'm so glad that Allan is doing well, too--much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. I bet the junior version would be great for kids!

justrandi: Don't be impressed by the parasailing--I really was a screaming idiot. I loved it but you'd never know it in some of the pics!!! I'm more of an Edward fan!!!

lauren: Yes, we loved Apples to Apples. I remember asking on your blog what it was!!!

We did have great fun.

I will have to wait awhile to get into Eclipse, but I will let you know when I do.

nancyface: thanks for the award.

ashley: It was a wonderful time, and we loved being with family. I'm not brave at all--don't really know what got into me!!!

chel: We did have a wonderful time. When we go in June with the whole family I will have to really be brave and convince the grandkids to go parasailing with Grandma!!!

I will be anxious to read about your trip in February--and for 10 days, yeah for you!!! I can't imagine LIVING in Hawaii.

Thanks for the award.

Annie: Thanks--you are so incredibly sweet. Everything was good, and I'm so happy.

amanda: Thanks for visiting and commenting. We had an incredible time. We can laugh about the hospital visit because it wasn't serious. (I didn't really get much reading done, but I'm glad I had the book--it helped while I was waiting at the very beginning!!!)

I will have to seriously consider TOFW next year.

I have not visited Wendy's blog, but I'll have to stop by--thanks for the info.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful pics! It looks like you had a fantastic time! How fun and scary to try parasailing and now you can say you did it! That pic of you reading New Moon in the hospital cracked me up! This book series is an epidemic! LOL! I'm glad your hubby was o.k. and that you got home safely! :

heidi said...

How beautiful--I think I will stay away, though, that nice scenery does not fool me--Jaws is still there!!!:) I still can't believe you went parasailing--you are sooo awesome! I love the picture of you reading New Moon while dad is in the hospital:) Edward can always make everything better:)