Monday, November 5, 2007

A Fun-Filled Weekend

We are leaving Reno today and heading back to Utah. It has been a wonderful few days.

On Friday we left Castro Valley and stopped in Manteca to see my sister, Carol. (She works at Wal-Mart so we visited her there!!!) I honestly can't remember the last time we saw her, so I was glad to have a chance to visit.









We then went to Sacramento and did a session at the temple. We had seen the temple a year ago when we were in Auburn for Jason's high school graduation. It is an absolutely beautiful temple--it certainly doesn't feel like a small temple. When we came out of the temple, we asked a man who was on the grounds to take our picture. After he did, Allan suggested I look at the picture--well, I guess the guy didn't push the right button--no picture!!! (So glad Allan suggested I look!!!) So, I whipped out my trusty gorillapod--thank you, Neal, for telling me about it. I set the camera on the ground and aimed up and set the timer--not a bad shot.



We arrived in Auburn in time to check in to our hotel and go by and meet up with Stephen and Daph, picked up Hannah at gymnastics and then head to Roseville for dinner.Daphne's mom, Carol, and Jason's girlfriend, Lindsey, joined us for dinner. (Kiah had to be at the football game a little earlier, so she wasn't with us.)











We then headed to the football game. So fun to watch Kiah in action. She is Captain of the squad and does a great job!!!It was a beautiful night for a football game--it was a lot of fun, even if Placer lost!!!













Saturday morning Hannah had a soccer game so we were off to Colfax to watch her play. She is so fun to watch--I don't think she is really into the game, I think she's more social. She is like a little gazelle when she runs--reminds me of Kyle. She's the little blonde with the long legs!!!








I really don't know how Stephen and Daphne keep up the pace--that afternoon Brandon had a baseball tournament in Elk Grove and so we headed up there. It was so incredibly hot. (Sure glad Allan had a hat to protect his little bald head!!!)
It was fun to watch B pitch.





Hannah and Drew had a great time visiting the snack bar. Of course, I remember my years as Little League Auxiliary President. (I spent a lot of time in those snack bars!!! Many, many years ago.)












We had a great time together Saturday night. Daph was working and Stephen grilled tri-tip for dinner--he must have inherited his cooking skills from his dad. I got such a kick out of Drew who loved wearing his pumpkin hat--didn't care if he had nothing else on!!!










Sunday we all went to Church together. We hadn't spent much time with Kiah since she had a very busy weekend, so I had to make sure I got a picture with her before we headed to Church.









I also wanted a pic with the other grandkids before Church--Drew was not terribly interested in being in the pic.











It seemed like it had been a long time since we had been in that Ward. (We lived there about 12 years ago and it was great to see familiar faces) We've had lots of pictures taken out by those trees--and it was great to be there again.







We then headed up to Reno to see Wendy and Tony. It was her birthday. Stephen and Daphne and family came up, too, and we all went out to dinner to celebrate--that's the toughest part of travelling--can't ask someone to cook dinner for all of us, so we have to go out!!! We had a great meal and as always, laughed and shared favorite memories.




We will have breakfast with Wendy and Tony, go by and see Wendy's salon and then head back to Utah. Gosh, it has been a fabulous trip. We are so lucky that we have been able to cram so much into our trip. We have such a great family.

I hope all of you had a great weekend!!!

18 comments:

Holly said...

Beautiful pictures. I'm so glad you're having so much fun!

Ashley said...

You are right it is great to be able to visit family. You have a lot to visit, isn't it wonderful. I am glad you all are enjoying your trip. It really sounds like you have been on the go had a lot of fun.

Tori :) said...

Whew- I'm worn out just reading about all your fun!

Nancy Face said...

Wow, I agree with Tori! :0

Your temple picture is great! What's this about an ipod for gorillas? ;)

I love all the wonderful pictures of your cute grandkids! Kiah is beautiful! :)

I'm so happy you two are having such fun with your family! :o)

Lauren said...

WOW...that sounds like an amazing weekend! I am glad you got to do so many fun things with family!

PJ said...

LOve the pictures:)

Are you exhausted yet?

So very fun.

txmommy said...

you have a beautiful family!
SOunds like you are having so much fun!!

JustRandi said...

I love all the pictures. How nice to be able to get around and see everyone. I bet they were all so excited to have you come!

Melissa said...

What great pictures! Your family is beautiful :) It's always fun to go and visit everyone!!

Tonya said...

Wow, you guys must be getting pretty tuckered out with the pace you are keeping. What a beautiful family you have.

Chel said...

Wow! You are really having a wonderful time! I'm just trying to keep up with you!

My heart skipped a beat thinking you were standing at the Sacramento temple... my little brother is on his mission there... I miss him so much!

Suzanne said...

Look at all those fun pictures! You've been so busy and had so much fun! You can e-mail me at suzannesto@gmail.com and I can give you more information about my hubby's mission, if you like! :)

utmommy said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Family Rocks!

Yvonne said...

holly: we are having a blast.

ashley: we have been on the go. I am starting to feel tired.

tori: I'm ready to slow down, so I think I will.

nancyface: I should post a picture of the gorillapod. I think I have pretty good looking grandkids (and kids)

lauren: It is so fun--we have such a great time together.

pj: I'm getting tired, but that's o.k.

txmommy: thanks--I think they're a pretty good bunch of kids/grandkids!

justrandi: It's so great to see everyone--we love being together.

melissa: thanks, Melissa. I love that we've been able to see almost all of them.

tonya: Yeah, I'm a little tired, but it's so great to be together.

chel: That is so fantastic that your brother is on his mission in Sacramento. Yes, we are having a great time.

suzanne: It has been so fun--I could have posted so many more pictures. I did e-mail you.

utmommy: Thanks for visiting. You're absolutely right about family!!!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

You DO have such a great family! I am glad you fit so much into your schedule! You are a true blogger with photos to accompany each thing you did along the way. Awesome photos! You did a great job with the tripod at the temple! You look so great!

itybtyfrog said...

Sounds like a busy and fun trip. That temple is so pretty.

Nancy Face said...

Hi, Yvonne! Hope you're having a happy day today! :)

Heidi said...

I am jealous--I wish I could have been there! We have such a great family:)