Wednesday, November 28, 2007

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...

Well, at least it's feeling like Winter. I can't believe how incredibly cold it has been. It has been snowing every day for the last few days. We don't get a pile of snow, but what we do get stays and stays and stays. It will be here until April.

On my previous post I mentioned our upcoming Nativity pageant on Dec. 14 and 15. I just wanted to post a couple of pictures from a couple of years ago when Kyle and I participated. Our youth had roles as angels, wisemen, and shepherds. They needed adults to be with the youth who were acting as shepherds, and they didn't have enough men, so...



Allan and Brent had been to Regina and came home in time to catch the last performance. Allan didn't even recognize me--he just thought I was a shepherd who was overly friendly.





It was a great evening for everyone who participated. The performance is all recorded and the actors just follow the narration. In between the performances there is a choir. It is such a great event.














I'm just curious what events your community has that you enjoy? Do any of you have nativity displays? Last year Allan and I went to Kirtland and they have an amazing nativity display.


























SIDENOTE: I am so happy about the results of Dancing With the Stars!!!

14 comments:

Suzanne said...

How funny that your hubby didn't recognize you! LOL! I'm not sure what our city does at Christmas time because we're new to town, but I can't wait to find out! :)

txmommy said...

oh my goodness, that was a great costume!!
what a fun tradition for Christmas time.

Tori :) said...

Awesome costume!
I participated in a living nativity when Alec was 2 weeks old. He was baby Jesus. He started crying and it was so quiet, with Silent Night playing the background... everyone in the audience started bawling!!

Holly said...

That is a cool tradition for Christmas! You made a great shepherd!

Nancy Face said...

You're one good looking shepherd babe!

Great pictures! I love Nativity displays...and I actually teared up reading Tori's comment.

Tonya said...

That looks like a really neat thing. That costume of yours was a riot.

Tonya said...

P.S. I sooo wish we could have some of that snow. Can you send some my way please?

Amber said...

Great pictures and such fun! My husband turned down the role of the shepherd in our product. I mean, they've asked him for four years in a row. He figured he'd give someone else the chance. :-)

Ashley said...

I miss "The Nativity" displays my old stake put on every year. I just haven't seen it here anywhere.

Melissa said...

They do a musical event here, but we haven't been. It's 2 hours and my kids just won't sit still and listen for that long... I know... it's bad to not support those people, but I have to draw the line somewhere.
I LOVE your costume! I didn't recognize you either ;)

PJ said...

Our ward is doing "A night in Bethlehem" this weekend. Last year it was so very nice!

I LOVE the Nativity displays!

Snow? What is that? We usually get a few small rounds of it in January. We are lucky, if it is not ICE.

JustRandi said...

I didn't recognize you either! What a teriffic thing to do!

Lauren said...

Your costume is amazing!!! hahahah!!

I love all of the nativities!

No Cool Story said...

That's so fun!
I love fall and December is definitely the bestest month ever.
:D