Thursday, November 8, 2007

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS YVONNE???

No, I'm not in Orem anymore and we headed west again--I didn't say anything about where I was headed...I was going to leave little hints, but I didn't. So, let me just give one big hint ALOHA!!!

When we first called Allan's mom and told her we were coming to Utah, she announced that she wanted us all to go to Hawaii and they were going to look into some packages. Allan and I grabbed a few things and threw them into our suitcase just in case it worked out. Well, it did!

Yesterday morning, Allan and I went for our walk/run, and then went home and packed our suitcases and went to the Salt Lake Airport along with Allan's mom and two sisters and boarded a flight headed for our honeymoon destination...HAWAII, Honolulu, Hawaii, specifically. Well, it really wasn't our honeymoon destination--we actually went to Maui on our honeymoon--but heck it's Hawaii!!!

When I began this post, I was sitting in our condo and everyone else went out to dinner. I ate enough on the plane--no, not the glorious airline food, I had a sandwich on the plane along with a bag of chips. I sat stuffing my face and reading my book (I told you, Tori, I would put it in my bag). No, Lauren, I'm still not done, but there will be lots of time while I sit on the beach!!!

It's great to be here. After the running we have been doing the past couple of weeks, it is now time to slow down. It's wonderful to be here. I know my MIL loves Hawaii and has such wonderful memories of her times here with Allan's dad. I know it means a lot to her to have all of us with her. (This is also somewhat of a dry run for our trip that we'll make next summer with the whole family to celebrate Allan's mom's 90th birthday!!! In fact, on Friday we're flying to Maui to check out our accomodations for that trip.

One of my favorite things about Hawaii is walking the beach. Why do I love walking along the beach??? (want a good laugh) because then my feet get all smooth and I don't run my stockings with all the dry, rough patches on my feet that get caught on my nylons. I also love the smells of all the wonderful flowers. There is nothing better than walking through the airport and smelling all the leis!!!

For some odd reason I cannot get blogger to post pictures. (I managed to put one on our family website but can't get them up on here--I'll see if I can work through the problem.) Hopefully, I will have some fun pictures. I'm so looking forward to next June when all the kids and grandkids are with us. I still can't believe Allan has taken this much time off work and he really is enjoying himself!!!

23 comments:

annie said...

Hawaii!!! How wonderful!!!

Scuttle said...

How Cool is that I just Love trips like that and can't wait till PJ and I are at a place in our lives where we can just wake up and go.

Have fun!

Nancy Face said...

YAY! I can't even believe you're in Hawaii right now, and I'm so happy for you! I would love to go there, but I hate flying, haha! :D

I can't wait until you finish "the book" and tell us what you think! ;)

Holly said...

Awesome! The last time I went to Hawaii, I was three. I think I'm due for another visit!

Annie said...

"Nobody told me this would happen."

Amber said...

HAWAIIIIIIIIIIII???? Now I'm the one green with envy. And that is what it must be there: verdant, beautiful green....

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

So exciting! So happy it worked out! I love that you are still blogging even when you on an island far away AND reading the Twilight series. How do you accomplish it all?

Ashley said...

How cool are surpirse trips! Especially ones to Hawaii...Have a great time!

Suzanne said...

You're in Hawaii!?! You should have told me so Tori and I could have stowed away in your suitcase! ;D

It will be interesting if the beauty of Hawaii will be able to pull you away from the beauty of Bella and Edward. I guess time will tell.

I hope you have so much fun! :)

Tonya said...

Oh wow, you lucky girl. How wonderful for you guys to be able to slow it down a bit and relax a little. I'm so happy for you and so glad you can keep us in the loop. Have fun and put your toes in the water for me will ya?

Tori :) said...

That is SOOOOO awesome Yvonne! I'm so excited for you!!

Lauren said...

I can't believe you are in Hawaii!! How fun! I love getting my feet soft from the sand too!

Heidi said...

Shoot...no matter where I was, even Hawaii, I could NEVER put that book down!!! I just can't get enough of Edward! I hope you have a great time mom! Love ya!

Holly said...

I have something on my blog for you. Check it out.

JustRandi said...

Oh MY GOODNESS! I can't believe you are on a spur of the moment trip like that! I'm so happy for you and your family who got to go! You'll have to let us know how it is!

txmommy said...

Aloha!!! How wonderful :)

PJ said...

Oh My Goodness!

I can't wait to see pictures!

Where will you be next, I wonder as I tap my head...

Have SO much FUN, and then a little more for me,OK!

Lauren said...

After reading Heidi's comment I am absolutely positive we are twins.

Melissa said...

Oh so fun!!! What a fantastic surprise for your trip! I hope you have a fabulous time!!

Nancy Face said...

I can't believe you're at the end of New Moon! So who is your favorite so far: Jacob or Edward?

Yvonne said...

Hi, everyone--all is well here in Hawaii--truly wish I could have put you all in my suitcases. Would have been so FUN!!!

annie: It is wonderful.

scuttle: it is so cool.

nancyface: why do you hate flying??? I'm almost finished. Now I'll have to buy Eclipse when I get back to Utah.

holly: yes, I think you are due for another trip!!!

annie: o.k.

amber: It is so incredibly green and beautiful.

gina: It has been great fun. I'm just frustrated that I can't post the pics.

ashley: We will have a fabulous time--thanks.

suzanne: It's wonderful to sit by the pool and read; or sit on the balcony and watch the surfers and read. Would have loved having you and Tori with us!!!

tonya: It is wonderful--I love the ocean and love to walk and get my feet wet. I thought of you when I put my toes in!!!

tori: thanks.

lauren: I love being here.

heidi: Hey, sweetie--can't wait to bring you next summer. I've managed to put the book down now and again!!! I love you, tto.

holly: thank you so much. I can't wait to post it on my blog.

justrandi: thanks--it's been a terrific trip.

txmommy: thanks--it is fun.

pj: You are so sweet. We head back to Utah and then on to Winnipeg.

lauren: Yeah, Heidi is ABSOLUTELY crazy for Edward!!!

melissa: we are having a great time. Thanks.

nancyface: So far, I would have to say my favorite is Edward--maybe I'll change when I get to the end of the book. I am really enjoying the book. By the way, I picked up Apples to Apples and brought it on the trip--we've had a great time playing it in the condo at night!!!

romy said...

ALOHA!! Miss you lots but so glad that you are both having a wonderful time! See you when you get back...for pictures and chocolate?!

Amanda said...

Hawaii!!! That is so awesome! I am so happy that you were able to go there. What a wonderful trip you are having. :) Can't wait to see pictures.