Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Ups and Downs

I love the holidays, I love having 3 of my kids here. Allan, Heidi, Brent, and I went to see Enchanted last night. What a cute movie. The theater was packed--not just for our movie, but I couldn't beleive the lines. (I guess if people weren't shopping they were at the movies.) Kyle had friends over for a Rock Band Marathon --goodness only knows how long they played.

I wanted to post some of the cute pictures received this Christmas. I received this one of my little Garrett (Neal and Macy's little guy) I can't believe how much he looks like his dad. and this family picture of Stephen and Daphne's family. As my family grows, I realize I need to make room on my wall that displays all the pictures for the additions to the family. I may have to change the grandchildren pictures from 8 x 10 to 5 x 7. One of our grandsons got engaged, but I'm not sure when he will be getting married and not sure how to do that arrangement on the wall.

THOSE ARE THE UPS...NOW FOR THE DOWNS...



Since I don't smoke, I don't need to quit, but for whatever reason this is how I've acted (at times) lately. Maybe it's the fact that I get a little frustrated not with those that can't come home for Christmas but with those that don't want to be here, but as Allan tries to tell me over and over again--let it go. I try to blame my frustration on outside forces, but you and I know that no one can MAKE us act or feel a certain way!!! (Actually I say I know, but the problem is I know in my head, just can't get my heart to accept it.)

Besides increasing my hormone dosage, any suggestions????? I also wondered if it could possibly be that I have overdosed on chocolate???

We are having a fairly quiet day today--other than making lists for our annual New Years Day party. I've tried to remember how many years we've been holding it, but I just can't remember. The guest lists has changed--it's actually the same core group but at times the group is different because kids have been gone on missions, have gotten married, had children--whatever. We always have a great time. I always do some kind of a trivia game--I've got to enlist Neal's help. He seems to know so much trivia!!!

Sidenote #1--I'm sure glad Christmas is in the winter--because with all the extra food/leftovers, I'm grateful for my other "refrigerator" aka the garage!!! There is no way in the world we would get all the extra food in the refrigerators in the house ; )

Sidenote #2: I love my site reader--now that I've figured out how to use it. I love seeing where people are visiting from. I laughed the other day when someone from Italy came on after searching "bauer 24 clock". That made me laugh. Then my daughter-in-law wanted to know how I knew she was making carmel brownies, well, I saw she got on and looked at my recipe for the brownies. But the best was the person from Singapore who looked for "spaghetti hairstyle"--still not sure what they found!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU. I've been blogging for about 6 months and I have enjoyed the experience so much. All of you and your comments and your blogs have made this such a fun thing for me to do.

20 comments:

PJ said...

I love getting family photos at Christmas time.

Laughed at the video, I know that feeling at times. Sometimes we just are not "mentally healthy" and it is usually because of those stinkin' hormones!

That would be a nice thing about living in a very cold place...the extra freezer space...outdoors!

Hope your New Years party is a success!

Holly said...

I love the you tube clip. Man, I could have acted that perfectly. That has totally been me lately. And I don't have the quitting smoking excuse. I'm pretty sure mine is hormonal though due to the premenopause thing. My kids are too young to have a mom acting so hormonal all the time!

Your family is beautiful, Yvonne!

annie said...

That clip was so funny! I tend to be very very even tempered. It takes quite a bit for me to "lose it." When I do it really freaks everyone out! lol.
I've used our pantry for extra storage too, keeps the cokes cold!
The party sounds like so much fun.
blessings~annie

Chel said...

I love family photos. I have made a wall in our den all about photos. I'm sure one day it to, will run out of space!

Hmmmmm... I wish our garage could serve as a fridge. Alas, everything is STUFFED in the fridge or actually, most EVERYTHING was sent home with the missionaries! :) That is a great idea though!

Your family is so great and lovely. I can feel your love for them... one of the many things I love about you!

Mrs. Monkey said...

Your hubs is very wise. I am trying to get ready for out annual New Year's eve party, too. No driving with the drunks for this gal.

About sidenote #2- Did you have a book on that site meter thingy? I'm still challenged when it comes to trying to figure it out. :P

JustRandi said...

That youtube is seriously funny! There are days when I feel like that, too. I understand that no one can make you act a certain way, but I DO think you should give yourself some credit for all the times you wanted to scream, but didn't.
It makes up some for those stress induced "episodes". :)
Regular exercise seems to help me regulate my moods better. Just a thought....

No Cool Story said...

Great sidenote #1. I'm also glad we can put things out in the shed where it's freezing and not worry about it.

I check my sitemeter once in a while to see if I have any fun searches.
"Spaghetti hairstyle" I wonder what that is. I bet Super Happy Girl would love it.

:D that video...OMGosh, yep, that's how I feel most of the time.
Anyway, holidays are always tricky, aren't they?

(((Happy happy hugs)))

Tonya said...

What was the problem with the gal in the video clip? She seemed perfectly normal to me..LOL :o)

We've all been there so don't beat yourself up to much. You guys have been sooooo busy lately and your body is just taking it out on you a bit.

Thank you for having such a sweet spirit and blog for me to read. You are the bomb!

Nancy Face said...

Enchanted is sooo cute! :)

Garrett is adorable! I love family pictures. Going to 5 x 7 sounds like a good idea!

I wish us hormonal women could be as calm as our non-hormonal hubbies can be! I don't have any advice, but here's a big hug!
(((YVONNE)))

I can't even imagine being able to keep food in the garage, haha! :D

Lauren just made a sitemeter for me yesterday...it should be fun! :)

I started blogging the first of July, and I'm so glad you did too, so we could become friends! You're so great! ♥ Nancy

txmommy said...

I think YOU are the party princess!
You guys are always having people over and it looks so fun :)

kids growing up kind of stinks

Yvonne said...

pj: family photos are great. I'm glad the video made you laugh, too. It's nice to have that extra cold space.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

holly: I wish they had asked me to play the part in the clip ; ) The hormone thing can be so tough.

Thanks, holly.

annie: You are so fortunate to be even tempered. When I hear people say, "I've never heard my mom, (my sister, my neighbor, whatever,) raise her voice", I'm like--that will NEVER be said about me!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not a screaming maniac, but even tempered does not describe me ; )

Isn't it great to have a cold room.

The party should be great.

chel: Do you change your family pics? I change them as the kids grow, but I have some that are my favorites, and I hate to change those.

We usually send stuff with the missionaries, but couldn't this time.

Thanks--I do love my family very much.

mrs.monkey: My hubby is wise--just wish I could follow his advice. (I am trying) I don't like to go out but our Stake has a New Years Eve dance!!!

Re: the site meter--I just keep experimenting.

justrandi: I'm glad you liked the video. Really I talk about getting like that, but my problem I keep most of it inside. I should just not let things bother me. I'm the one who chooses!!!

I need to get back into the habit of exercising. You are so right about that helping. Thanks for the advice.

ncs: Sometimes living where it's cold has its advantages!!!

I'd love to see superhappy girl with a spaghetti hairstyle ; )

Glad you liked the video. You're so right about the holidays being tricky. Thanks for the hugs.

tonya: I LOVE your sense of humor.

You always make me feel so good.

nancyface: I love the whole wicked stepmother thing in Enchanted!!!

Garrett is so cute. We just had a videochat tonight, and he gets cuter each time I see him.

Thanks for the hugs.

Food in the garage where you live would not work, would it!!!

I'm glad Lauren put a sitemeter on your blog. Let me know what you think!!!

You're so great, Nancy. It's so fun to have you as a friend.

txmommy: I can't be the Party Princess--that's you. Wish we lived closer!!!!

Ashley said...

That little one is cute, cute, cute!! I really hope you have a great New Year Yvonne!

Lei said...

We liked Enchanted, too. I'm trying to think of a good movie for us to see today!

Rick said...

Happy New Year! I wanted to invite you over to my blog because I am having my very first give-away there to celebrate my one year anniversary of blogging. Come on by - I think that you will be glad that you did.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

No Cool Story said...

Feliz Happy New Year!!

Amber said...

I think that video was made for me. :-)

Yvonne said...

ashley: I wish the same for you and your family.

lei: National Treasure 2 was a good movie.

rick: thanks. I'll stop by.

ncs: Happy 2008 to you, too.

amber: No, that couldn't be you!

HeidiR97 said...

You've sure got a cute family:)

Yvonne said...

heidir97: YOU BET I DO!!! Goodness knows I have a GORGEOUS daughter!!!!

Melissa said...

It was me... I looked for the spaghetti hair do... I was in Singapore for...um... stuff...and I'm not telling what I found ;)
I think we all have our ups and downs. Sometimes it just takes time.... HUGS!!!