Thursday, December 27, 2007

I ROCK--at least at Rock Band ; )

After failing numerous times, I tried again and managed to play two songs on Rock Band, and guess what--I made it through. I got in the 85-90% on them. I hate to say it, BUT I WAS SO PROUD!!! Then Heidi and my friend, Cory, convinced me to sing. (Now you have to know that both of them sing, so I was very worried, but I do love to sing--or whatever you want to call what I do with my voice and music ; ) I sang "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult. (A song I really love), and THOUGHT I knew the words, until they came up on the screen. I don't know what I thought they were, but they were certainly different than what I have always been singing!!! When I saw the words, I thought of Tori's post some time ago about "I come to you with broken arms"!!!) Sorry, but no pictures are available of my debut--after all I am the only one who takes the pictures!!!

We had a delicious dessert gathering last night and it ended up being a very small gathering. We missed those who were not able to attend. As always, way too much food. We did get several people down in the basement doing Rock Band. I love people who are willing to try something new!!!

We got our mail delivery again today, and I got a lovely package from Nancyface and Lauren. Love the picture--just made me smile so much. Thanks for the beautiful notes inside. Love you guys. Thanks for the candy, yum!!! I enjoy making cards so the cardmaking kit is very much appreciated. I also realize I didn't thank Mrs.Monkey for the beautiful Christmas card she sent. It was so sweet and so true--We truly have been given the best Christmas gift.

We had some friends over tonight for Allan's fried chicken. It was as delicious as always. It had been quite awhile since Brent had seen Tom--and he had not met Tom's wife, Julie. It was fun for them to have time together. It sure is a good thing Kyle got Rock Band because we were all in the basement playing again tonight.

I have to tell you all about one of the wonderful gifts I received from my FABULOUS, FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, INCREDIBLE (believe me I could go on) husband. It was a coupon that read: "This gift from Santa Claus is good for one year's worth of having your house cleaned every other week so that you can spend more time on seminary, blogging, spoiling grandchildren, talking ont he phone, eating chocolate, shopping, or whatever else is important on your schedule." IS HE NOT THE BEST!!!

13 comments:

Mrs. Monkey said...

I love "Don't Fear the Reaper." I probably don't know the right words either. I just make them up if I don't;P

I think I need to invest in rock band. My blogging friends seem to enjoy it a lot.

Nancy Face said...

Yep...you rock!!!

Yay, I'm so glad you finally got your package! Yeepers, it took FOR-EV-ER to get to you! :0

Good grief! That's a ton of fried chicken! It looks sooo good! :)

You're right! Your hubby is the best...and you deserve that fantabulous gift! :D

Tonya said...

What a good hubby!!! I'm glad that you'll have more time for blogging :o)

You definetely rock! I'm glad you are having fun with the game. It sounds like a blast. I'd play and sing with you anytime.

annie said...

The chicken looks so yummy, my hub can barely warm something in the microwave (he always asks the amount of time :o) but I love him in spite of his culinary weaknesses!
You sure do rock!

JustRandi said...

Sounds like your hubby is the one that ROCKS!
Oh, baby, what I would give for fried chicken AND housecleaning!!

Tori :) said...

I was just playing Rock Band like 5 minutes ago!! It totally rocks!! You go girl!

Holly said...

Your hubby is definitely a keeper! It looks like you had so much fun!

Chel said...

I LOVE ROCK BAND! We have had so much fun and it has been a great entertainer! It likes like that at your house too. It's totally fun to make it through, isn't it? I'm proud of you too!

That is so fun about the fried chicken and looks so good. You are great!

Fun to have your house cleaned... just know we will be expecting you to blog more! :)

Chel said...

oops... LOOKS like. not... LIKES like. :)

Lauren said...

You are a rockin' fiend!!! That is so awesome. I am officially obsessed with Guitar Hero. I have been jammin' it up.

I want some Fried Chicken right now.

I am glad you got the package from us! :) I sent a package for Ted's bday/christmas about a month ago and it got lost in the mail because it never got to him :( sad day.

Mrs. Monkey said...

Yvonne- To vent go here http://www.moms-turn.net/

Nancy Face said...

I've never heard of El Torrito!

We love Serrano's...their prices are reasonable...their food is yummy...and when they bring out the chips and salsa, they also bring out scrumptious bean dip! (They have several locations.)

Yvonne said...

Mrs.monkey: Great to know I'm not the only one who makes up the words ; ) You'd love rock band.

nancyface: I so loved the package. It does take time for things to get here.

We are horrible at judging how much food to cook. (You should have seen the pile of potatoes--it was like Close Encounters ; )

We have great hubbys don't we?!?

tonya: More time for blogging and more time for reading my Seminary lessons--some of those scripture blocks are pretty long.

Wouldn't we have a great time doing rock band together--I even played the drums last night ; )

annie: The chicken was yummy--everything I've read on your blog attests to the fact that you have a great hubby, whether or not he can cook!!!

justrandi: Yeah, Allan definitely ROCKS!!!

tori: And I bet you know the words to ALL the songs because you SO ROCK!!!!

holly: Allan is a keeper for sure.

chel: I guess perseverance pays off!!! When we were at the movies last night there was an advertisement about downloading more songs for Rock Band. Yippee. I want to download Phil Collins
"In the Air Tonight"--I think I could even play the drums to that one!

The fried chicken was sooooo good. I'm excited about having more time for getting my scripture reading done, and the blogging will be a bonus.

I knew what you meant with the looks/likes ; )

lauren: I'm still only on the bass and will have to try guitar. I bet you are great at Guitar Hero.

I'm so sorry about Ted's package.

mrs.monkey: thanks for the info.