Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Good To Be Home

It was nice to see my two men standing there as I came down the escalator at the Winnipeg airport last night--Kyle holding a little sign his dad had made that said "Welcome Home" and with hot chocolate in hand (it was a little colder in Winnipeg than it had been in Boston)

First stop, the rental car desk at the airport to pick up a rental since my little van will be in getting repaired for who knows how long--since we haven't taken it in for an estimate yet, we still don't know if it will be written off. (The van is in the garage and I couldn't get back any further to take a better picture.) Poor Kyle feels so bad. I know the feeling of sliding in the snow and ice--it is not fun.









I want to write a little about my trip. I was horrible at taking pictures--I usually take a ton. As I mentioned in my previous post while I was in Boston Neal and Macy hosted a desert party at their home. Neal did the decorating out in front, with help from Amanda.














(I don't think Macy wanted to watch him climb on the ladder putting the decorations on their huge pine tree!!! It was amazing. They bought several cheesecakes, red velvet cake, and pies. I couldn't believe all the baking Macy did!!! She made sugar cookies and they put them out for people to decorate and I wish I had taken pictures of the creativity displayed by their guests!!! She also made some delicious pumpkin cookies. I loved the cream cheese dessert ball she made--yum, yum!!! They even had little placecards that told you what kind of dessert was on the table. My granddaughter, Amanda, gave me some great advice--"Pace yourself, Grandma". Didn't work--I was stuffed after eating just a couple of things.

It was a great party and their friends all seemed to have a ball. Neal has worked with games and I think they own every game system imaginable. They had the Wii set up in one room and it eventually became the room where everyone was doing DDR. In the other room they had "Rock Band". That was a lot of fun to watch. I don't even know what time everyone left because I was exhausted and went up to bed while everyone was still there. (Allan and I are old fuddy duddies and everyone knows when we have a party they leave EARLY!!!!)

I had a real treat on Sunday when I got to watch Macy in her role as Ward Choir director. She is an amazing singer and does a wonderful job. (I have never attended a Ward Choir practice, but I was so impressed with the practice.) Here's Garrett playing the piano for the practice--no, not really!!! He's talented but not that talented YET.















It was tough leaving on Monday. The nice part is I know I will see them all again in May when I go out for Amanda's college graduation. I am very jealous because they are going to Utah to be with Macy's family for Christmas--maybe one year they'll be brave and come to Winnipeg. (No one likes to come to where it's -40 degrees!!! Can we say COATS, HATS, GLOVES, AND LONG UNDERWEAR!!! (Neal and Macy did come the Christmas right before they got married and I guess that was enough for them) I really don't like being away from family, but everyone has jobs and has to live where they can. I'm just grateful we do have a chance to get together--just wish it was more often.

I'm so glad that I got this picture of me and Garrett.




Don't I just have the cutest grandkids????














Macy was nice enough to take me by a bakery in Boston. I figured my getting through security would be a lot easier if I followed the advice from The Godfather "Leave the gun, take the cannoli". So I got myself a chocolate chip cannoli. Yum, was it ever delicious and came in very handy because I didn't have any time once I got to Toronto (since my flight out of Boston was 2 1/2 hours late and we ended up in a holding pattern over Buffalo before landing in Toronto. I had to run like crazy after clearing customs. I wanted to get some of these "lobster tails" for Allan and Kyle and decided to get a couple of extras for my Seminary kids. Allan taught for me this morning and took some in for the kids.

19 comments:

JustRandi said...

How fun! I'm so glad you had a great time. I love lobster tails of any kind - and those look fantastic!!
Glad you're home safely. Your grandkids are darling and your face is looking thinner, too!

Tori :) said...

LOVE "The Godfather" quote! :)

And other than my mom, yes you DO have the cutest grandkids. ;)

Melissa said...

Yum!! Those look good...
I'm glad you had such a good time and made it home without any trouble!

txmommy said...

sounds like so much fun!
A dessert party is a great idea.

Holly said...

It looks like you had a great time! I'm glad you're home safe and sound!

Ashley said...

Ouch, your car looks so sad! Good thing they can do wonders with car repair now days.

I am glad you had a wonderful time. I think that is one of the yummiest lookin' pastries I have seen.

annie said...

Sounds fun! The pastries look great.
Sorry about your car & your grandkids are adorable!

PJ said...

Poor car:(

Your trip sounds like it was a delight. Your grandson is SOOO cute.

I love that party idea, fun.

Those cannoli look SO yummy!

Nancy Face said...

I'm sorry about your sad van...and Kyle's sad feelings. :(

Yikes! Extension ladders scare me, after falling off one! :0

Wow, what a fun, yummy party...Neal and Macy are awesome! And you do have the cutest grandkids...I love all the pictures!

I wish I could have seen you running through the airport! ;)

Tonya said...

I'm glad you made it home safe and sound and it sounds like you had a great time.

Wow, the van is all smushed. I hope they can fix it and I'm glad that your son is okay.

Yes, you have adorable granchildren.

Amber said...

Laughing at the quote as well. What a fantastic time and for whatever limited pictures you took, you had some great ones!

MAGIRK said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

You have such a beautiful family, and you DO have the cutest grandchildren. :-)

This sounds like a really wonderful time. I like you blog, and I hope you won't mind my stopping in again. Thanks for 'introducing' yourself! :-)

Suzanne said...

Your grandchildren are the most adorable! Yikes with the van! Hopefully it can be repaired quickly so you don't have to look at it all munched up. I'm glad you made it home safely! :)

Chel said...

It sounds like you had a great time! I love dessert parties because I don't feel guilty eating more than one helping! :)

Your grandkids are adorable... although you'll have to fight my mom to see whose are the cutest. :)

Mrs. Monkey Butt said...

Ouch! for the van.

Yes, you do have the cutest grandkids;)

Mel said...

Glad you made it home safe. Sorry about the van. I hope it all works out for you.

Your grandkids really are cute!

Mmmm... the desserts are making my mouth water:)

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

The van looks horrible. I hope you get it back soon.

I was going to say, those don't look like cannoli's, but those must be the lobster tails pictured there. YUM-MY!

Love all the photos! That Garrett is such a doll!

Yvonne said...

justrandi: The lobster tails are delicious. It's great to be home.

tori: glad you liked the quote. I know every grandma feels the same about her grandkids.

melissa: thanks.

txmommy: it was a great time. I loved their party--and I thought it was such a fun idea, too.

holly: I did have a wonderful time.

ashley: I'm sure my car will look fine when it's done. it was a yummy dessert.

annie: thanks so much.

pj: The trip was fun--especially seeing Garrett. Miss him already.

nancyface: I don't like to get up on ladders either.
Neal and Macy are awesome. It was so funny watching me run!!!

tonya: I'm glad to be home after such a great trip. The van will be fine. Thank

amber: When I got to Church (with camera in hand) and realized I left my memory card at their house, I was so mad at myself. But I am grateful for the pics I got.

magirk: Thanks for stopping by and especially for commenting!!! I will come by again.

suzanne: thanks. A few weeks and the van will be good as new!!!

chel: I did have a great time and didn't feel the least bit guilty, but unfortunately got too full too fast. Glad your mom feels the same about her grandchildren.

mrsmonkeybutt: Thanks.

mel: I'm glad to be home. thanks.

gina: Yes, those are the yummy lobster tails.
Yes, garrett is a little doll.

Lauren said...

SUch cute pictures!!!! I'm super happy you had a wonderful time! You really do have the cutest grandkids. I wanna squeeze Garrett's cheecks! :)