Thursday, January 17, 2008

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY, AND I'LL POST WHAT I WANT TO...

I bet you all thought my birthday would never come and you'd have to read post after post about my birthday coming soon!!! Well, it's finally here, and I thought what better way to celebrate MY day then to post pictures of all those who mean the most to me, not just today, but EVERYDAY!!!

Have to start with my hubby, Allan, who is the love of my life. I could brag about him for pages and pages!!! I still remember the first time he called me and asked me out. (I can even remember what I was doing when he called.) I know you all get to read about me, and as much as I would like to meet all of you, I would so LOVE for you to meet him. Isn't he a hunk!!! I figured if I was going to post my high school graduation picture on my previous post, it was only fair to post this one which was his mission picture this!!! Hey, let me say it again, "It's my birthday, and I'll post" (well you get the picture)

When I married Allan I brought to the marriage my son, Stephen. He and Daphne were married in 1988



They will be celebrating their 20th wedding anniversary next month. In 2006, they and their children (Jason, Kiah, Brandon, Hannah, and Drew) were sealed in the Hawaii temple. It was a wonderful day.

Allan had three children:

Neal, who married Macy in 2005 (Besides our immediate family, also in this picture is Allan's Mom. She has been a wonderful mother-in-law. I'm so lucky--because of her, I don't understand the mother-in-law jokes--(but then again, I'm a mother-in-law, so maybe I should!!!)
Here Neal and Macy in a picture taken earlier this year with Neal's children, Chris and Amanda and Chris's girlfriend, Heather, and baby Garrett.
Nancy--pictured here with her boys, Josh and Evan.
Wendy, who married Tony in 1994

Blending two families has been tough, but it has been worth it all.

Together Allan and I have had:

Heidi--I love this picture of her with her dad.

Brent--another one of my favorite pictures. Here he is with his dad right before he released him from being a missionary

Kyle--I can't resist this picture (taken just moments after Kyle was born)--not to discourage anyone from having a baby at 40, but because it brings back such memories
Here's a more current one of Kyle--a very happy day for him!!!

















We've always laughed about this little fact--we had a child/grandchild born every year for the first few years of our marriage. Heidi in 83; grandson #1, Chris, in 84; Brent in 85; granddaughter #1, Amanda, 86; grandson #2, Evan, 87; grandson #3, Jason in 88; grandson #4, Josh, in 89; granddaughter #2, Kiah, in 90; and Kyle in 91. I guess everyone took a break for a couple of years and grandson #5, Brandon, was born in 94; granddaughter #3, Hannah, was born in 2000, grandson #5, Drew, in 2005, and grandson #6, Garrett, in 2007.

I also happen to have 5 pretty terrific sisters--who I don't see very often, but I sure love them and am grateful to be able to talk to them once in awhile. It was such fun to visit 4 of them back in October/November and hopefully if I get to Texas again I'll have to chance to go see my sister, Gayle.

All and all I've had a pretty terrific 57 years. I appreciate so much my friends and family who enrich my life. I hate being away from so many of my children and grandchildren. I love the times when we get to be together and am really looking forward to Grandma's 90th Birthday Celebration in Hawaii the end of June/first of July.

Now, I'm off to have a FABULOUS DAY!!! My birthday wish for all of you is that you have a fabulous day, too. It would be so fun to celebrate with all of you, but since that's not possible I'll be celebrating with hubby and Kyle by having dinner out tonight!!!

SIDENOTE--Actually, this is not really a sidenote, but more of a request. If you are a lurker, it's my birthday (in case you haven't noticed), PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT!!!

50 comments:

Macy said...

Happy birthday Yvonne! Thanks for the nice compliments. It's easy to be a good daughter-in-law when you have a great mother-in-law!

annie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVONNE!!!!!
Loved your choice of pics and the details along with them... if we all lived close I can just see me and Nancy coming to take you out for lunch! Wouldn't that be fun?

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVONNE!!!!!
I want to take you out to lunch with Annie! That would be such a blast! :D

Magirk said...

I LOVED this post! It made me cry - happy tears. :D

Love the pictures, love the stories,... I hope you have an AWESOME BIRTHDAY!

**Loves & Hugs**

Nancy Face said...

I loved reading this and seeing all your great pictures! And I LOVED the title...oh, yeah! ;)

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN! :D

Nancy Face said...

I finally decided to de-lurk, so I had to leave multiple comments, tee hee! ;)

Nancy Face said...

You are amazing, and I ♥ you! :)

Chel said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVONNE!!!! I loved this. Your posts are always so uplifting and sincere... it says a lot about you. I wish I was there celebrating too-- what a fun day it would be!!

PJ said...

I LOVE the family pictures...

Happy Birthday!!

It's your Birthday...shake your booty..it's your birthday, have a great one!

Tori :) said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVONNE DEAR!! You deserve a super, great day!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Yvonne! Here is a lot of birthday wishes coming your way!

Whitney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :) I hope you have the best birthday yet! Best wishes :) XOXO

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YVONNE! What a wonderful post to celebrate your fun day! Loved the pictures and the stories to go along with them. I hope that you get pampered all day long!!

Peter said...

Wow, does Brent look like Allen!!! You do what you want on your SPECIAL day11 make it memorable!

Carolyne-Niverville

Holly said...

Happy Birthday! What a wonderful post! Have an absolutely fabulous day. You deserve it.

PJ said...

Just stopping in (again) to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Theresa said...

Haha!!!! Happy birthday - it's always a cheer-up thing to read your latest entry! So, don't quit, please... ;)
Här är en STOR födelsedagsKRAM!

Lauren said...

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have the most wonderful of birthdays. You are the sweetest blog friend anyone could ask for. I am so glad we are friends!

This was an adorable post, I loved reading every word of it!

Lauren said...

My mom is a comment hog

Lauren said...

So I decided to beat her in this comment competition!

Lauren said...

SO......HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Lauren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...

Lauren said...

FELIZ CUMPLEANOS...uh, i don't know how accurate that spelling is.

PJ said...

Happy Birthday again!!

Hope you are eating cake!

Have another slice, you deserve it!!

~Happy Birthday~

good tymes said...

happy birthday yvonne. you have a great looking family

K- said...

Happy, happy birthday Yvonne dear.

Happy days will come to you all year.

If I had one wish then it would be be:

A happy, happy birthday to you from me.

Have a fun one!

Carrot Jello said...

Hapy Happy Birthday Yvonne Dear
Many Happy days to you all year
If I had one wish then it would be
A happy happy birthday to you from me!
Your name works quite nicely with that song.

Tonya said...

Happy Birthday to you my friend!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and I'm so glad you are blessed with such a wonderful family. Thanks for all the pictures

Carrot Jello said...

Darn that Kayelyn. She was just minutes ahead of me.

Mel said...

Happy Birthday Yvonne! You deserve the best day ever:)

Yvonne said...

macy: Thanks so much--you are a great daughter-in-law. We are lucky to have you in the family.

annie: Thanks. It would be so fun to go to lunch together ; )

nancyface: Thanks. Where would we go for lunch??? Wherever it would be fun!!!

magirk: I'm glad that were "happy" tears. What a fun day it has been. Thanks.

nancyface: I'm not sure everyone was familiar with the Leslie Gore song, so didn't know if the titel would work. Thanks for so many GREAT comments. I'm glad you FINALLY decided to de-lurk ; ) I love you, too. (I'm still so mad that I can't get that little heart thing to work!!!

chel: Thanks. Maybe we could find a restaurant that had "RockBand" and we could debut!!!! We'd have a blast.

pj: I'm glad you liked the pictures--yours are always the best! Thank you.

Not sure about shaking this booty ; )

tori: It will be a terrific day. Thanks.

ashley: Thanks so much. I hope you have had a great time with your mom.

whitney: Thanks It's been a great day so far.

melissa; Thank you so much. I'm so glad you had a great anniversary--and I hope you have a wonderful celebration on the weekend. I will be pampered--my family is so good at doing that.

carolyne: Do you think Allan and Brent look alike?
Thanks for the birthday wishes.

holly: Thanks--I have had a wonderful day.

pj: How cute that you came by again.

theresa: Thanks for commenting. I miss seeing you. Hopefully you'll be at the fireside on Saturday night??? Actually Allan just told me you are playing the flute. Can't wait. I'll have to use my little translating widget--but I'm assuming that's Happy Birthday in Swedish.

lauren: You are such a sweetheart ; ) I am so glad we are blogging friends, too.

You and your mom just crack me up.

I'm assuming that's Happy Birthday in Spanish ; )

pj: And you came back again. I wish I was eating cake.

good tymes: Thank you so much. I appreciate your stopping by.

k: I always love hearing that version of Happy Birthday. Thanks so much.

carrot jello: Thanks--it was fun to see the song again. You are sweet to stop by.

tonya: Thank you--I do feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family.

carrot jello: K was probably Just ahead by seconds ; )

Yvonne said...

mel: You must have been leaving a comment while I was typing mine--thank you so much.

Don Mills Diva said...

Happy birthday! You have a beautiful family - you're very blessed!

Jayci said...

posted at 4:30 am? You must have been very excited about your birthday!! :) Happy Birthday! I loved reading your post about all those special people in your life. They are the people who make every day feel like a birthday.

Thorny Tree Lady said...

What a wonderful life you two have made together! Your family is beautiful. Happy Birthday!!!

txmommy said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!

Yep, he's a cutie and you guys have an awesome family!
I hope your day was great.

Chel said...

Can't wait to hear about the big day! I hope it was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!

aubrey said...

aaah! i'm late. but happy, happy birthday!!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, 39 comments! See how much people love you!!! What a great family you have! :)

I'm a little late, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday none the less. Hope it was a great one!

Yvonne said...

don mills diva: Thank you for stopping by and leaving a birthday greeting. Yes, I am very blessed.

jayci: No, I just needed to get up ; ) I appreciate so much your coming by and taking the time to leave a birthday greeting. Yes, you are absolutely right--they are the people that make every day special.

thorny tree lady: We both feel so very blessed to have each other and to have such a wonderful life together. Thank you.

txmommy: I'm glad you agree ; ) Our family is pretty awesome--we are very blessed.

The day was great.

chel: Will post either later today or tomorrow--will have to see ; ) Thanks.

aubrey: You're sweet to have even stopped by--thanks.

amanda: Can you believe it? I've NEVER had that many comments--it has been so fun. I am very grateful for my family.

The day was wonderful. Thank you.

No Cool Story said...

Happy Happy BIRTHDAY!!!!
Hope you had a super fun time.

And Congratulations on your beautiful family :)

Yvonne said...

NCS: Thanks so much. I had a great day.
I am very blessed ; )

Annie said...

Man! I am always late for the party.

Happy Birthday, Birthday Month Buddy! I hope it was a good one.

Corrine said...

Sorry I missed your birthday but happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day to top! Loved seeing all the pictures.

love, corrine

Corrine said...

Sorry I missed your birthday but happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day to top! Loved seeing all the pictures.

love, corrine

Corrine said...

Sorry I missed your birthday but happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a fun day to top! Loved seeing all the pictures.

love, corrine

JustRandi said...

Wow, Yvonne! Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry I missed it, but I'm so glad you had a great day!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

48 comments?!!! What a birthday treat! And I am #49! Happy Belated, Yvonne! You are an amazing woman! I love this post about you and Allen's lives joining and becoming one. What a blessing you have in him and all your children and grandchildren!

Yvonne said...

annie: Thank you--I hope your birthday the beginning of the month was a good one.

corrine: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

justrandi: No problem, thanks for leaving a greeting--it was a great day.

gina: Isn't it funny to have that many comments--it was so fun to read them all. Thanks for being my 49th!!! I truly am blessed.