Friday, January 11, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY IS COMING...

Well, I am going to have a birthday in one week, so I thought I would do this little meme I saw on a couple of blogs--Tori's and Lauren's. I was going to do it ON my birthday, but who knows by then the memory may be totally gone or because I will be soooo old I may not be able to get out of bed!!!

This is what you are supposed to do. You find your birthday month, I listed the other 11 months at the bottom, and you discuss whether what the month says about you is true or not. Obviously, my birthday is January and this is what it says:
JANUARY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Ambitious and serious. Loves to teach and be taught. Always looking at people’s flaws and weaknesses. Likes to criticize. Hardworking and productive. Smart, neat and organized. Sensitive and has deep thoughts. Knows how to make others happy. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Rather reserved. Highly attentive. Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds. Romantic but has difficulties expressing love. Loves children. Loyal. Has great social abilities yet easily jealous. Very stubborn and money cautious.

So, let me pick apart that description.
Stubborn and hard-hearted: Stubborn, oh definitely. Notice it's mentioned twice in the description!!! Hard-hearted, definitely not.
Ambitious and serious: Ambitious--when I think of ambitious, I think of someone who wants to get ahead. No!!! But then again there are certain things I want to achieve--a happy family!!! Serious--way too serious. I like what Mel said on her blog about one of her resolutions being to "laugh more, play more, and say I'm sorry." That's something I need to do.
Loves to teach and be taught: THAT FITS ME PERFECTLY. I love my calling as a Seminary Teacher, but then we could go back to the too serious thing. I always think it's just that I love the kids so much so I get so intense at wanting them to understand and grasp the importance of the Gospel in their lives. Loves to be taught: I think you can learn from anyone and everyone.
Always looking at people's flaws and weaknesses: YIKES, I need to admit this is one of my biggest flaws and weaknesses!!! I want to fix everyone--because I want everyone to be happy--shall we call that my way of rationalization!!!! I am, by far, my own worst critic!!!
Likes to Criticize: No, I don't LIKE to, but I do criticize. Of course, I did read something that made me laugh--it's not my fault I criticize, if people would just do things the way I want them to, I wouldn't need to criticize them!!! Hence, one of my goals for 2008.
Hardworking and Productive: Somewhat.
Smart, neat, and organized: I have some street smarts. I wouldn't say I'm very neat. Organized--well I know where things are, but if you saw my desk you'd laugh!!!
Sensitive and has deep thoughts: I try to be sensitive to others. I'm definitely too sensitive with things people say to me! Deep thoughts--yes.
Knows how to make others happy: This just makes me laugh--because I think I know WHAT makes others happy, but I struggle at knowing how to MAKE others happy. Truth is: No one can make others happy we each have to make ourselves happy.
Quiet unless excited or tensed: Very true.
Rather reserved: Yes
Highly attentive: I think so.
Resistant to illnesses but prone to colds: I'm very healthy. I don't get colds very often, but I do get cold!!!
Romantic but has difficulties expressing love: I am romantic, but I never thought I had difficulty expressing love.
Loves children: Definitely.
Loyal: To a fault.
Has great social abilities yes easily jealous: I don't think I have great social abilities. I do love being around people. I guess I get jealous but over silly things, not over how someone looks or dresses or what they have.
Very stubborn and money cautious: There's that stubborn thing again!!! Money cautious: Wow, Allan would be rolling on the floor laughing when he read that!!! I forget to write down when I take money out of the ATM--how cautious does that sound.

So, here are the rest of the months--does your month fit you???

FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract. Intelligent and clever. Changing personality. Attractive. Sexy. Temperamental. Quiet, shy and humble. Honest and loyal. Determined to reach goals. Loves freedom. Rebellious when restricted. Loves aggressiveness. Too sensitive and easily hurt. Gets angry really easily but does not show it. Dislikes unnecessary things. Loves making friends but rarely shows it. Daring and stubborn. Ambitious. Realizes dreams and hopes. Sharp. Loves entertainment and leisure. Romantic on the inside not outside. Superstitious and ludicrous. Spendthrift. Tries to learn to show emotions.

MARCH: Attractive personality. Sexy. Affectionate. Shy and reserved. Secretive. Naturally honest, generous and sympathetic. Loves peace and serenity. Sensitive to others. Loves to serve others. Easily angered. Trustworthy. Appreciative and returns kindness. Observant and assesses others. Revengeful. Loves to dream and fantasize. Loves traveling. Loves attention. Hasty decisions in choosing partners. Loves home decors. Musically talented. Loves special things. Moody.

APRIL: Active and dynamic. Decisive and hasty but tends to regret. Attractive and affectionate to oneself. Strong mentality. Loves attention. Diplomatic. Consoling, friendly and solves people’s problems. Brave and fearless. Adventurous. Loving and caring. Suave and generous. Emotional. Aggressive. Hasty. Good memory. Moving. Motivates oneself and others. Sickness usually of the head and chest. Sexy in a way that only their lover can see.

MAY: Stubborn and hard-hearted. Strong-willed and highly motivated. Sharp thoughts. Easily angered. Attracts others and loves attention. Deep feelings. Beautiful physically and mentally. Firm Standpoint. Needs no motivation. Easily consoled. Systematic (left brain). Loves to dream. Strong clairvoyance. Understanding. Sickness usually in the ear and neck. Good imagination. Good physical. Weak breathing. Loves literature and the arts. Loves traveling. Dislike being at home. Restless. Not having many children. Hardworking. High spirited. Spendthrift.

JUNE: Thinks far with vision. Easily influenced by kindness. Polite and soft-spoken. Having ideas. Sensitive. Active mind. Hesitating, tends to delay. Choosy and always wants the best. Temperamental. Funny and humorous. Loves to joke. Good debating skills. Talkative. Daydreamer. Friendly. Knows how to make friends. Able to show character. Easily hurt. Prone to getting colds. Loves to dress up. Easily bored. Fussy. Seldom shows emotions. Takes time to recover when hurt. Brand conscious. Executive. Stubborn.

JULY: Fun to be with. Secretive. Difficult to fathom and to be understood. Quiet unless excited or tensed. Takes pride in oneself. Has reputation. Easily consoled. Honest. Concerned about people’s feelings. Tactful. Friendly. Approachable. Emotional temperamental and unpredictable. Moody and easily hurt. Witty and sparkly. Not revengeful. Forgiving but never forgets. Dislikes nonsensical and unnecessary things. Guides others physically and mentally. Sensitive and forms impressions carefully. Caring and loving. Treats others equally. Strong sense of sympathy. Wary and sharp. Judges people through observations. Hardworking. No difficulties in studying. Loves to be alone. Always broods about the past and the old friends. Likes to be quiet. Homely person. Waits for friends. Never looks for friends. Not aggressive unless provoked. Prone to having stomach and dieting problems. Loves to be loved. Easily hurt but takes long to recover.

AUGUST: Loves to joke. Attractive. Suave and caring. Brave and fearless. Firm and has leadership qualities. Knows how to console others. Too generous and egoistic. Takes high pride in oneself. Thirsty for praises. Extraordinary spirit. Easily angered. Angry when provoked. Easily jealous. Observant. Careful and cautious. Thinks quickly. Independent thoughts. Loves to lead and to be led. Loves to dream. Talented in the arts, music and defense. Sensitive but not petty. Poor resistance against illnesses. Learns to relax. Hasty and trusty. Romantic. Loving and caring. Loves to make friends.

SEPTEMBER: Suave and compromising. Careful, cautious and organized. Likes to point out people’s mistakes. Likes to criticize. Stubborn. Quiet but able to talk well. Calm and cool. Kind and sympathetic. Concerned and detailed. Loyal but not always honest. Does work well. Very confident. Sensitive. Good memory. Clever and knowledgeable. Loves to look for information. Must control oneself when criticizing. Able to motivate oneself. Understanding. Fun to be around. Secretive. Loves leisure and traveling. Hardly shows emotions. Tends to bottle up feelings. Very choosy, especially in relationships. Systematic.

OCTOBER: Loves to chat. Loves those who loves them. Loves to take things at the center. Inner and physical beauty. Lies but doesn’t pretend. Gets angry often. Treats friends importantly. Always making friends. Easily hurt but recovers easily. Daydreamer. Opinionated. Does not care of what others think. Emotional. Decisive. Strong clairvoyance. Loves to travel, the arts and literature. Touchy and easily jealous. Concerned. Loves outdoors. Just and fair. Spendthrift. Easily influenced. Easily loses confidence. Loves children.

NOVEMBER: Has a lot of ideas. Difficult to fathom. Thinks forward. Unique and brilliant. Extraordinary ideas. Sharp thinking. Fine and strong clairvoyance. Can become good doctors. Dynamic in personality. Secretive. Inquisitive. Knows how to dig secrets. Always thinking. Less talkative but amiable. Brave and generous. Patient. Stubborn and hard-hearted. If there is a will, there is a way. Determined. Never give up. Hardly becomes angry unless provoked. Loves to be alone. Thinks differently from others. Sharp-minded. Motivates oneself. Does not appreciate praises. High-spirited. Well-built and tough. Deep love and emotions. Romantic. Uncertain in relationships. Homely. Hardworking. High abilities. Trustworthy. Honest and keeps secrets. Not able to control emotions. Unpredictable.

DECEMBER: Loyal and generous. Sexy. Patriotic. Active in games and interactions. Impatient and hasty. Ambitious. Influential in organizations. Fun to be with. Loves to socialize. Loves praises. Loves attention. Loves to be loved. Honest and trustworthy. Not pretending. Short tempered. Changing personality. Not egotistic. Take high pride in oneself. Hates restrictions. Loves to joke. Good sense of humor. Logical.

Sidenote #1:
I learned some valuable information on Nancy's blog that may help me with my quest to lose weight. (Bottom line: I CAN'T CHEAT!!!)
Sidenote#2: I'm so grateful to be teaching Seminary. We have had some great discussions--and I must admit some great laughs. What a blessing it is to see his growth.

16 comments:

Nancy Face said...

Yay, I'm first! :D

Nancy Face said...

This was so fun to read! The thing that surprised me was that you said you're way too serious! Wha...? I think you're sooo much FUN! :D

I love how you and I talk about how old we are, when in fact we are a couple of babes. This must be true, because Lauren said so.

Nancy Face said...

I was first, second, and THIRD! Oh, yeah!

MAGIRK said...

LOL Nancy Face! :)

Interesting read. And what an HONEST analysis! I'm impressed. I thought your answer about knowing what makes people happy but not knowing how to MAKE them happy was funny. It's always easier to see on the outside looking at someone else, eh? (ha, ha!)

Fun list! I might borrow it from you.... ;)

Peter said...

Well let me be the first to wish you a happy ( ) birthday!!! You still got it girl, your fun to be around and yes you set the world on fire with your laughter and genuine smile. Those that know you, Yvonne know you are kind hearted, loving and a true friend. And that you love the Gospel and Jesus Christ our Redemer. Take care and have a great day, you deserve it!!
PS.Glad to hear you're van is back in running order!!
Carolyne in Niverville

Lauren said...

I am so glad you did this! It was a ton of fun to read :)And yes, whatever I say is absolute truth, so you are a babe...my mom...well she is sometimes. Haha! Just kidding.

Holly said...

Fun facts. Honest too! I should do this one as well...

JustRandi said...

It was so fun to learn a little bit more about you! I can't picture you as not money conscious. You seem to think through everything so well.

Corrine said...

Likes to Criticize: No, I don't LIKE to, but I do criticize. Of course, I did read something that made me laugh--it's not my fault I criticize, if people would just do things the way I want them to, I wouldn't need to criticize them!!! Hence, one of my goals for 2008. I love that quote! It seems so much easier though to fix other people than oneself don't you think?!

fun to read more about you...my birthday is next month!

Corrine said...

Ok I read through the months, and everyone in my family fits in their birthday month but me...am I in denial about myself :)

Whitney said...

It's so much fun to read your blog and get to know you!!!
You are so fun and have such a cute personality.

annie said...

I've seen this around too! My month is pretty accurate. I loved reading about you.

Yvonne said...

nancyface: YOU ARE GREAT! I'm glad you think I'm fun.

Oh, gotta love that Lauren!!!

magirk: Yeah, I'm probably too honest. I'm probably too open.

I hope you do the list--can't wait to read yours.

carolyne: You are so sweet. Thanks so much for your kind words.

We are loving having the van back! See you soon.

lauren: You are so fun--you think I'm a babe. That makes me feel so good.

holly: I hope you do this meme. It would be fun to read yours.

justrandi: I think about everything EXCEPT money!!!

corrine: You need to do a post about it and go over each detail, so we can learn more about YOU!

whitney: Thanks--you're sweet.

annie: It's a fun meme. Thanks.

Chel said...

I LOVED this! You are a fabulous person and that was so fun to read! Such a great thing to do for your soon to be birthday.
I really enjoyed this and your honest assessment. You're awesome!

Melissa said...

I had forgotten about this... I saw it on Lauren's blog too... I love that you went through each thing! Very fun to read :)

Yvonne said...

chel: Thanks you are so sweet. It really was a fun thing to do!!!

melissa: Yeah, I thought it was a great meme. Thanks for reading it.