Wednesday, January 23, 2008

TAGGED...

TAGGED!!! My Man--

Chel tagged me for this little Meme, so I thought since we have a marriage class tonight, it’s the perfect day to play:




What’s his name? Allan and he is so brave he fought off this bear and saved my life ; )

How long have you been together?
25 years

How long did you date?
3 months--We had our first day July 24th and were married October 23rd.

How old is he?
I know he won't mind me telling you this--he will be 65 in August

Who eats more? He does, unless it's chocolate!!!

Who said "I love you" first?
My guess is he did, but I really am not sure.

Who is taller? He's 6' 4"

Who is smarter? He is so incredibly smart--there's not much he doesn't know. As far as trivia (or useless knowledge) I'm pretty good. I love that I can turn to him for answers to my questions as I work on my Seminary lessons. He teaches me so much. He always ask my opinion on things and he listens.

Who does laundry?
I do the laundry--except his shirts--I send them out because I HATE TO IRON!!!

Who does the dishes?
The dishwasher. For the most part, I do the dishes, but Allan is more than happy to help.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Your right or my right??? In bed, I'm on the right side!!

Who pays the bills? I make the bills and he pays the bills.

Who mows the lawn?
He has always mowed the lawn until we came to Winnipeg, now we have a lawn service.

Who cooks dinner? I do most of the cooking. Quite often he cooks on Saturday. He is such a great cook. For years, to the delight of our children, he cooked Sunday dinner. Unfortunately with his current calling that is not possible.

Who drives when you are together? He does the driving--I can count on one hand the number of times he's been a passenger with me at the wheel.

Who is more stubborn? Definitely me. I don't think Allan has a stubborn bone in his body.

Who kissed who first? I think we kissed each other--although he did make the first move.

Who asked out who first? I was so thrilled the day he called me to ask me out. Our first date is such a fun memory--he brought Neal and I brought Stephen. We laugh today--we both were quite nervous and I guess felt we needed reinforcements. Of course, shortly after the date began we wanted to ditch the boys ; )

Who has more siblings? Me--he has 2 sisters and I have 5.

Who wears the pants in the family?
We work together--it's a collaborative effort. He is the head of the household. Call me old fashioned, but I have no problem with saying that.

He's such a good sport, like when I made him pose for this silly picture with all of his kids when I brought them all up for a surprise party for his 60th birthday.

I have said it before and I'll say it again--I am the luckiest women in the world. He is an amazing man. We enjoy a wonderful life together and have been blessed in so many ways.


SIDENOTE: Thanks to Holly. She had a giveaway and I won!!! I received in the mail these beautiful stars--which she made (can't wait to put them on my Christmas tree next year. There were two boxes of several red, blue, green, and white ones) There was also a bag of Lindor mint chocolate truffles and hot chocolate mix Yum!!!

20 comments:

Chel said...

That was adorable. Allan sounds like a wonderful person and husband. You are indeed a lucky girl!

I love the bear picture... too cute!

hmmmmm... you got me thinking... I send out Damien's shirts too! I hate to iron and yes, you have a point, the dishwasher does most of the washing, doesn't it?? I guess I load it and unload though! Does that count?

Loved your post! You're a beautiful couple! Such a tall handsome man!

MAGIRK said...

What a fun meme! I really enjoyed reading all those wonderful things about your sweetheart. :)

I can tell you have a great marriage, that you're happy. :)

(P.S. - I hate to iron, too!)

Ashley said...

I do not like ironing...luckily Jeremy is required to have his shirts dry cleaned. Men are supposed to mow the lawn? I remember doing it pregnant, guess my hubby missed the memo.

On a serious note. You husband sounds just wonderful. You look sharp together!

JustRandi said...

Ahhh, so fun! you are one lucky lady.
I don't mind ironing. I just hate the gathering- sorting- washing- drying part.

PJ said...

That was a fun idea for a meme:)

My hub is my walking talking dictionary/encyclopedia! My 10 year is following, quickly, in his footsteps:D

Whitney said...

That's so fun to learn more about your Hubby. He sounds like a great guy, that's so cool he'll cook for you on Saturdays!!!!

Nancy Face said...

This was so much fun to read! I love the picture of Allan and the ferocious, hungry bear, tee hee! ;)

Lauren and I ordered a birthday gift for you...there was no option to include a gift message, so when you receive a box from Gooseberry Patch, it's from us! The way shipping to Canada goes, maybe you'll have it by Valentine's Day! ;)

Nancy Face said...

I don't iron...I just run when I hear the dryer chiming, quickly hang up Hubby's shirts, and that's as good as it gets! ;)

Holly said...

What a great meme. I loved learning all about you and Allan. He sounds like the neatest guy. I don't mind ironing, but it's not my favorite thing in the world. When my husband was working corporate, he ironed his own shirts. Now, I just get them out of the dryer immediately so I have to iron very little!

I'm so glad your package arrived safe and sound. Let me know how you like the cocoa!

Tonya said...

What a fun meme. I really enjoyed hearing more about you and your honey. You guys are the cutest couple ever!

Love the picture of your brave hubby fighting back that bear :o)

Tori :) said...

Totally a cute post!! I loved reading it!
The bear pic made me lol!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

That was such a fun one! I loved reading this! He is so lucky to have you!

I am so glad Ian has a blue collar job so I don't have to iron much at all. I hate it so much. I would send his stuff out if he had the stuff.

aurora said...

That was such a great meme! It's so nice to hear about your great marriage. :)

Congrats on your package not getting confiscated by Customs! Aren't the stars beautiful?

Amber said...

SUCH a fun journey and fun couple. And 25 years is simply fantastic!

Lei said...

Sounds like you make a great match... :)

Yvonne said...

chel: Thanks. He is a great guy. Yes, I am very lucky.

I do load the dishwasher, too. You bet it counts!!!

magirk: Thanks. Yes, we do have a great marriage. I think I should have my iron BRONZED.

ashley: I haven't mowed the lawn in years. My hubby is a great man.

justrandi: Thanks. You're right--I am very lucky.

pj: Thanks. Isn't it fun to have a resource like that--how fun for you to have 2 of them ; )

whitney: I have to say Allan is a better cook than I am.

nancyface: Wasn't that bear scary looking?!?

You and Lauren are so sweet. I'll keep my eyes open for the package.

I guess I just can't get to the dryer fast enough ; )

holly: Allan is a great guy--I am so incredibly lucky.

I still haven't tried the hot chocolate, but I will.

tonya: Thank you. We do have a lot of fun together. I was so grateful he fought off that bear ; )

tori: It was a fun meme to do. I love that bear picture, too.

gina: We are lucky to have each other and we both know it. We couldn't do what we do without each other.

aurora: Thanks. I'm so glad that the package made it through customs, too. (Believe me you never know ; )Yes, I love the stars.

amber: thanks--we have so much fun together. We're looking forward to the next 25 ; )

lei: We're glad we have each other

Jimmy said...

I'm fairly new to your blog, so it was fun to get to know you a little better. Sounds like you have a nice way of working things out.

I like peace and harmony, lol.

Corrine said...

what fun memories and what a wonderful couple y'all are!

Lauren said...

Umm, so I loved this...and I think I might do it...just leaving out some questions that are exclusively for married people. haha!

Melissa said...

Love the meme! You guys are so fun together :D