Thursday, February 14, 2008

10 Things I Love About My Hubby

10 Things I Love About Allan...Not just on Valentine's Day, but EVERY DAY.



1) ...In spite of the fact that he is so busy, he's never too busy for me. Sometimes I'll get little notes on my computer--"Just in case you forgot, I love you." He travels A LOT, but every time he comes home he hands me a note that he has written to me.

2) ...He knows how to love others. He loves the Lord which is so evident in the way he serves. Whenever he speaks and makes the comment, "I never want to do anything that would disappoint the Lord" my heart just melts. He loves his mom and shows her so much respect. It still brings a tear to my eye whenever he refers to her as "his angel mother". He loves his children and grandchildren and has always been such a great example to them.

3) ...He is a great example. I think my children are so lucky to have him to emulate. Now I know he isn't perfect and so do they, but they could not ask for a better father. I know each of my daughters-in-law benefit from having a husband who had such a great model. He truly follows the counsel of Pres. David O. McKay, "The best thing a father can do for his children is love their mother."

4) ...He is always there for others. He is generous with his time and is generous in so many other ways as well. He is a wealth of knowledge. I love when the kids call him for advice. He is a great listener--and unlike his wife, he rarely gives advice unless it's requested. I know Heidi always refers to him as her hero--and he is!!! He does such a great job of providing for his family.

5) ...He is so willing to help around the house. He is a much better cook than I am. I'm embarrassed to tell you this, but he's the one who does the weekly grocery shopping!!! (I know you're all sitting there wondering, "My gosh, what in the heck do you do all day!!!")

6) ...I think he gets up each morning wondering what he can do to make my day better. I waited a long time for him, but he was definitely worth the wait. When we were in Alaska, the last thing he wanted to do was go bike riding, but he knew I wanted to do it--so we went ; )

7) ...He is a fabulous speaker. He had always been one of my favorite speakers at Church--and he still is today. Before we were married I was always thrilled to get to Church and see him on the program. I love when he attends our Ward or when he speaks at meetings. He definitely has a gift.

8) ...Everyone loves him. Right before we got married someone asked me how I was going to deal with the fact that EVERYONE LOVES HIM. I thought, "Are you kidding?' I think it's fabulous.

9) ...He sees the good in everyone. (Unlike me, he is not the least bit judgmental) He jokingly tells me that I would be happy if I had a badge and a whistle--I'm working on it ; ) And he's very patient with me as I continue to strive to do better.

10) ...He is always happy. As I've watched him go through tough times, I am amazed at how he always sees the good in every situation. As we kneel in prayer and he thanks God for our challenges, I want to pop him. He is always telling me it doesn't do any good to worry--things will always work out as long as we do what we should. He reminds me that as we strive to do our best it doesn't mean there won't be struggles, but we will always get through them, and we're never alone.

Now, as I mentioned I know he's not perfect, but I feel so very blessed to be married to this wonderful man. I refuse to focus on his flaws because goodness knows I have enough of my own, and I want him to try to overlook mine!!!
Besides all that above, he's just so darned cute!!!

I hope each of you has a fabulous Valentine's Day.

32 comments:

Nancy Face said...

FIRST! :D

I just wanted to be first...now I'll read your post, tee hee! ;)

Chel said...

wow. I couldn't think of anything better than the 10 things you listed. I think I love him too! :)

You are so blessed and although none of us are perfect, it's up to oneself to have such great attributes.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Nancy Face said...

I ♥ this! It's so sweet and heartfelt...the perfect Valentine! :)

I love that he writes you little notes...and calls his mom "his angel mother"...and he's Heidi's hero! How awesome that he grocery shops! :D

I've always loved that quote by Pres. McKay! It is so true!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! ♥ ♥ ♥

aurora said...

♥♥ That was such a sweet post!♥♥

I am happy that you found such a wonderful Valentine... even if you had to wait for him. ♥

Tonya said...

Happy Valentines Day to you too Yvonne!!

You guys are so sweet together and you are great example of focusing on the good in your hubby and it's obvious how much you love him.

Ashley said...

He sounds wonderful, the perfect Valentine. He has a great smile. I bet he is lucky to have you too.

Magirk said...

A wonderful Valentine's Day post! :)

He sounds like one in a million - perhaps one in a billion!!! ;)

Glad you two have each other, and I'm sure he's just as grateful to have you as you are to have him.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Whitney said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I love that first picture of you and your hubby :)
He just sounds wonderful!!!

Liam's Mom - Gina said...

#2 melted my heart too!

You've got a treasure in Allen. What a blessed couple you are!

Jess said...

Well what can I say? I totally agree with your list. I don't know if I ever told you this but he played a huge role in me moving here and I didn't even know him.(I'll have to tell you the story sometime) Heavenly Father sends special people like him to others to lead them in the right way. I am grateful to know him and you. You are both amazing examples.

Tori :) said...

Loved it Yvonne!! Happy Vday!!

Lauren said...

Umm, so I cried. That was amazing and beautiful. I am so glad you have such a wonderful husband. You are one of the sweetest ladies and you so deserve a man like that.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY YVONNE!

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

Beautiful tribute to your husband!

annie said...

That is so sweet!
Happy Valentine's Day.

Yvonne said...

Happy Valentine's Day to each and every one of you.

nancyface: Ha!

Thank you. He is such a great guy, he really is--for all those reasons and more.

I love that quote, too.

chel: He is wonderful--if you met him, you would love him.

I am blessed. You are right, it is up to us to develop.

aurora: Thank you. I'm grateful he came into my life.

tonya: Thanks. I'm not always a positive person, but I try because like I said I want him to overlook my imperfections.

ashley: He definitely is my perfect valentine.

magirk: Thanks. He is like one in a gazillon ; )

whitney: Thanks--that is one of my favorite pictures, too.

gina: Thanks--we are truly blessed to have each other.

jess: Thank you. I would love to hear the story some time. I remember when you moved here.

I'll pass on your comments to him--they will mean a lot. He tries so hard to serve as the Lord would want. (I think he does a great job)

Thanks again.

tori: Thanks.

lauren: Thanks so much. You are very sweet.

heidi: Thank you.

annie: Thanks.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

May the chocolate heart force be with you!

Alice Wills Gold said...

So sweet..I will have to send my husband to read and get some news ideas of how to get his named praised endlessly.

Thanks for reminding me what a wonderful man I also am privileged to call my husband. Everyone loves my hubby too.

Mel said...

Wow, I am so impressed! He sounds like a wonderful man and I'm sure that the two of you together make a very powerful couple.

Happy Valentines Day

PJ said...

You are SO blessed~He is SO blessed!

Happy, Happy Valentine's...to you, from me:)

Carrot Jello said...

Happy Valentines Day!

JustRandi said...

You guys are so lucky to have found each other! Maybe blessed is a better word. Or both.

smellychelli said...

Hi!
I linked here from Thorny's space. I always enjoy the comments you leave there.
This was a sweet post. Obviously you have an amazing husband as well as marriage.
I just thought I'd mention that my hubby served his mission in the Canada Winnipeg mission!! (He's been home 20+ years) He loved the area and loved the people.

Have a great day!

Yvonne said...

elastic: Hey, thanks.

alice: It is such a blessing to be married to someone who everyone loves. We are very blessed.

mel: Thanks, you are very sweet. Hope you had a great day.

pj: We are very blessed. I hope your day was wonderful.

carrot: Thanks so much.

justrandi: Thanks--I think it was a little of both.

smellychelii: Thanks for stopping by. He is a great guy.

How fun that your husband served here 20 years ago. We've been here about 12 years. It's wonderful to hear that he loved the area and the people. (How did he like the weather???? Sorry, got to ask ; )

txmommy said...

what an awesome list! That's wondeful Yvonne, I'm so happy for you :)

utmommy said...

What a sweet post! Sound like your hubby is a wonderful man.

Melissa said...

What a wonderful post! You two are perfect for each other :)

Lippy said...

It's not often that I can say something melted my heart, but expressions of true love will do it every time. I would bet Allan's heart would melt when he reads this too.

I'm so happy that you are. What a great Valentine!

Yvonne said...

txmommy: Thank you--I truly am blessed.

utmommy: Thanks. He really is great.

melissa: Thanks--we are both very grateful we have each other.

lippy: Allan doesn't read my blog very often, but he did read this post and loved it. Thank you so much.

Corrine said...

What a wonderful man you are married to!

Christine said...

How sweet. You have a good man!

Anonymous said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use a photograph of yours in this book. Please contact me at hannah@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Hannah
hannah@wefeelfine.org