Monday, February 11, 2008

Cool Award

Nancyface awarded me this award. I hope none of my children ever see it, they may demand the selection process be re-evaluated.

Well, I would love to hoard this one forever, but I must pass it on:

Of course, it goes without saying that I would award it back to nancyface...she has such a great relationship with each of her children.

To Tori...goodness, just go visit her blog, she is beyond cool. Nancyface mentioned my playing Rockband, but hey, when I'm singing with the songs I HAVE TO LOOK AT THE WORDS. I'm sure Tori has them memorized!!!!

To Justrandi...She and her family are waiting for her son's mission call. I admire each and every mom who watches and helps her son or daughter submit papers for a mission. How cool is that--you totally turn them over to the Lord for two years, not having a clue where they will go, but knowing that wherever it is they will grow and have experiences that will help them through the remainder of their lives.

Sidenote #1: If you want to read a post regarding the end of the writer's strike, take a look at my daughter-in-law's post.

Sidenote #2: Poor Kyle had the flu yesterday and was pretty sick. It has been so long since I went to Church all alone. I almost started to cry when I realized that's the way it will be in about a year and a half.

18 comments:

PJ said...

Great award picks:D

My youngest two both have the flu, it's been a long weekend:(

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Nancy Face said...

Hey, you cool momma! You are so funny: "I hope none of my children ever see it, they may demand the selection process be re-evaluated." Hahahaha! :D

I stand by my decision! Thank you for awarding it back to me, and I completely agree that Tori and Justrandi are cool mommas! :)

I'm very sorry Kyle had the flu yesterday, and I'm even sorrier about the thoughts and feelings you experienced. Here's a hug for you! (((YVONNE)))

aurora said...

Congrats on the award!

I am sure that your kids would do NO SUCH THING! :D

Tori :) said...

Thanks Yvonne! That's so sweet!!

I'm sorry you had to go to church alone. :( I could loan you a few kids if you'd like...

Amber said...

You ARE one cool mama! Poor Kyle. I hope you feel better!

annie said...

I imagine they would be the first to nominate you for "cool mom."

I think you are very cool btw!

JustRandi said...

You are a VERY cool mom! And I'm so honored to get this award from you. Really, Yvonne, I think you're amazing!
Thank-you!

Magirk said...

Congratulations, again! You are very awesome, that's for sure! ;)

Sorry to hear Kyle is ill. Hope he recovers quickly.

I'm sorry I can't relate to the feeling of going to church alone. I am in the 'throes' of toddlerhood, and can't see the forest through the trees. Or is the trees through the forest...? I don't know! You know what I mean, don't you!? (ha, ha)

Ashley said...

It's funny my mom was sad when my sisters finally went to the singles ward. My Dad was always gone on Church business, she was lonely and prayed for comfort.

A few weeks later they called my dad to the singles ward Bishopbric. Three years later they are still running around busier than ever.

Chel said...

You are very cool! But along with being cool you are kind, honest and sincere. ...oh yeah, and you can jam like a rockstar. :)

Whitney said...

Congrats on the award, it is MOST deserved!!!
I don't know what I'm going to do when my sons go on missions, I don't know what I'm going to do when my brothers go!

Amanda said...

You are a cool mom! :D

Sorry to hear Kyle is sick! I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Amanda said...

ps. I just gave you and award on my blog, come check it out. :)

Yvonne said...

pj: Thanks. Kyle was only down yesterday--I'm so glad.

nancyface: So far, none of them have protested!!!

You are so sweet. Kyle is doing fine today--thanks for the hug.

aurora: Thanks.

tori: You're welcome. I sat at the computer laughing when I read your comment ; )

amber Thanks--Kyle is doing fine today. Thank goodness it was just a one day thing.

annie: Thanks for that sweet comment.

justrandi: Thanks so much. I appreciate it.

magirk: Thanks. Kyle is doing fine today.

I bet you can't imagine that one day your children will be all grown up, but it will happen very quickly.

ashley: How fun for your dad and mom--I loved when Allan served as Bishop of the Singles Ward.

chel: Thanks--I haven't been rocking much lately.

whitney: Thanks so much. It is so fun when they go--and the time goes by so fast.

amanda: Thanks for that comment. Kyle is doing better.

Thank you so much for the sweet award.

utmommy said...

Congrats!

Hope the flu goes away soon. No fun.

utmommy said...

Congrats!

Hope the flu goes away soon. No fun.

Yvonne said...

utmommy: Thanks--he is doing fine.

Tonya said...

You totally a cool mom and I hope that Kyle feels better soon.