Sunday, February 24, 2008

Pride & Joy #4, Wendy

You all have been so kind about reading these posts about my children. Thanks. I have enjoyed sharing them with you.

Today I want to tell you a little bit about Allan's daughter, Wendy. When Allan and I were married Wendy was 12--she and Stephen, who was also 12, had been in classes together at Church. In fact, I taught her and Stephen in CTR-B (I attended each of my students baptisms and brought cookies. I remember attending her baptism and we still laugh about that. But because of her November birthday, Stephen was a year ahead of her in school.

Our first Christmas together--we all are up at Boreal where we stopped whenever we would travel from the Bay Area to Reno to visit Allan's parents.











Wendy was a dancer (I just realized I didn't write about Nancy dancing--she danced, too) She was extremely talented and was very involved in Musical Theater ; )

A little less than a year after Allan and I were married Wendy made the decision to go live with her mother. It was difficult for all of us, but she had to do what she felt she needed to do. Over the next few years she would come and live with us for a few months and then decide to go back to her moms. This went on for about 3 years. Here she is with Neal's daughter, Amanda, when she was blessed.













With Heidi when we went to Pier 39 with our French exchange student. (I could do a whole post about him!!!)














After she graduated from high school she went to Beauty School and became a beautician. She also worked at a photo studio doing make-up. I always tell her I'd love to take her whenever we go traveling so she could do my hair and make-up every day--then it would really be a vacation for me.










In 1994 she married her high school sweetheart, Tony.













I love this picture of her and her dad.















I also love this one of Nancy, Wendy, and Neal.















Shortly after they married they relocated to Nevada, and lived in Reno with us for a few months. We really enjoyed having them with us.

We have had many family reunions and trips together. Back in 2004 when Neal graduated from BYU we all went to Lacaille to celebrate. I think this is such a great picture of the two of them.














She and Tony do not have any children. All of the kids love them and whenever we're all together the little kids always gravitate to them.
















One day they will make fabulous parents. Tony goes to the University of Nevada and will graduate this May. He is very involved in sports--and is a basketball referee--it is so fun to watch him ref a game. If I ever went on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, he would be one of my lifelines.

20 comments:

JustRandi said...

Wow! Way to go Wendy - to find a man who actually likes to ref basketball is a true catch.
What fun pictures of a beautiful daughter!

Chel said...

Wendy sounds wonderful and she is so pretty.
Wendy is lucky to have you as an influence in her life.

PJ said...

I love that you were at her baptism:)

What a fun lady! And a great-lookin' couple!

Tori :) said...

That is so cool that you went to her baptism. Who knew that she'd be your daughter one day!!

Nancy Face said...

Another wonderful post! You do such a great job on these, and they are so fun to read! :)

I love that you were Wendy's Primary teacher and attended her baptism! I love that she went to beauty school and had hair that looked like mine did! ;)

I enjoyed all the pictures! You have such a wonderful collection of family pictures, and I'm so glad you share them with us! :)

aurora said...

She sounds like a really neat girl. Does she blog? :)

Loved this spotlight. You have a wonderful family.

Holly said...

I am enjoying these posts so much Yvonne! She's beautiful!

Ashley said...

That's awesome that you were at her baptism. It was meant to be. I would love to have all that gorgeous hair. Fun Post.

Melissa said...

What a fun post... again! You've got an awesome family!

Tonya said...

That really neat that you were at her baptism. She knew ahead of time how sweet you are.

Great pictures of a beautiful daughter.

Magirk said...

She's a beautiful lady. ;)

Obviously, they are wonderful people, and loved much.

Still loving these stories!!

Whitney said...

How fun!!! I love her senior picture, so beautiful! And that's awesome she is a beautician!
I've never been to Lacaille, I want to go so bad though! My hubby went once...
Did you know it's on Dumb and Dumber? (I know, it's like the WORST part in the movie, but still, it's in there, and that's cool :)

txmommy said...

she's very pretty, and sounds like such a fun daughter!

utmommy said...

She sounds wonderful, just like the rest of your children.

Klin said...

I wonder if txmommy and utmommy coordinated their comments;)

So fun for you to be at her baptism and then become a mom to her. She looks like a fun young woman.

Yvonne said...

justrandi: He is so fun to watch, and, of course, he's very intimidating, so he doesn't have much trouble with the players or the coaches ; )

Thanks.

chel: She is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks.

pj: Isn't that funny.

Yes, they are a great looking couple.

tori: Isn't that funny. I had no idea that one day I'd be her step-mother.

nancyface: Thanks, it's been so fun for me.

I thought you'd love that she went to beauty school--and isn't the hair something!!!

Well, I have tons of pictures to choose from. In fact, on my tombstone it's going to say, "O.K. Look this way"

aurora: No, she doesn't blog. I wish one of my kids would blog.

Thank you.

holly: Thanks--it's been great fun.

ashley: Isn't it fun that I was there. She has such beautiful hair, but then again she is such a gorgeous girl.

melissa: Thanks. We are a very blessed family.

tonya: We have such great memories. She is a beautiful woman.

magirk: Thank you--I'm glad you are enjoying the posts.

whitney: Thanks--she is a beautiful girl.

I've been to LaCaille a few times--I just love going there. It is an amazing place. I did not know that about Dumb and Dumber.

txmommy: Thanks--she is.

utmommy: Thanks--we do have fabulous children. We are very blessed.

klin: They must have been on the same wave length ; )

It is a great memory for me.

annie said...

She is a beautiful girl. I think it is so neat that you knew her before you were married... God works things out in such an amazing way!

Yvonne said...

annie: I agree she is a beautiful girl. You are so right--God is very mindful of each of us.

Lauren said...

I like that she married her high school sweetheart ;)
She is beautiful! I bet she will be a great mommy someday!

Heidi said...

It's true-Wendy is awesome! I love her! She is so beautiful and mom has loved her like her own daughter!