Thursday, June 26, 2008

And We're Off...

Hooray, hooray, we're on our way. Our summer vacation starts TODAY!!!

We have to be at the airport early this morning for a 7:55 flight--we were up kind of late last night. One of our missionaries returned from the Finland mission--he actually was the first missionary Allan set apart, so Allan was so glad he got home before we left for Hawaii so Allan would have the opportunity to release him. He was several hours late and had some trouble clearing customs, so they left our house about 2:45 a.m. He is a great young man who had a wonderful experience.















I'm not looking forward to the flight from Denver because it is so LLLLLLOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! But when I realize I'm complaining about it, I have to say to myself, "Oh, quit complaining--you're going to Hawaii for crying out loud" ; ) Kyle hates to fly, so I hope he doesn't do too bad on the 7 1/2 hour flight. Can anyone tell me when you're on a flight that last that long why they don't give you TWO MOVIES????

This IS MY 200th POST, and actually I started blogging a little over a year ago so I guess it's actually my First Blogoversary. Now, the only reason I have 200 posts is because I did several posts about trips we took years ago. I wanted to have them documented.

Anyway, I think when I get back from Hawaii I will do a "ASK ME ANYTHING" post. I didn't want to do it now, because I want to spend all the time I possibly can with my cute little family. I know you all have cute little families, too, so you understand.

I refuse to do this as a sidenote: My cute "little" grandson, Jason, turned 20 on Tuesday. I still remember when he was born--he looked so much like his dad. Happy Birthday, Jason. I love you.



















Kyle had the Undergraduate Awards Assembly last night--way to go Kyle. He received A's in all 9 of his classes. I got to the assembly a little late--I had been out doing some V.T. I walked in and sat down just in time because they read one name and then Kyle's!!! Talk about PERFECT TIMING!!!

Sidenote #1: Go check out Corrine's blog. She is hosting a Summer book exchange.

Sidenote #2: I forgot to give a big thank you to Klin for this cute little magnet that she sent me. What a sweetie!!! Thanks, Klin.









19 comments:

Amber said...

I am so thrilled for you and your trip. I can't wait to hear all about it. Have a fantastic time!

annie said...

Exciting!!!!
I know you're going to have so much fun! I love to fly.
Prayers for safety.

Suzanne said...

I hope you can get a little sleep on the plane!!! Yay for Hawaii! I can't wait to hear all about it!

Kyle's grades are really impressive. He sounds an amazing person, but I'm sure you already know that! :)

Have SO much fun!!!

PJ said...

YEA FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

I hope you all have a fabulous time:)

Sheila said...

Have tons of fun! I will check in from time to time to make sure I catch you when you get back. Love the magnet. yvonne you are a beautiful lady.
ToOdLeS, ShEiLA

mindyluwho said...

Happy Vacationing! We are going in October and I CAN'T WAIT!

May I say, cute grandma, that I can't tell the difference between the current picture and the first picture. You haven't aged a bit!

Chel said...

woo-hoo! Have super fun! I am way excited for you!
I'm not a fan of long flights either, not necessarily because I am flying, just that I can't sleep any where but on a comfortable bed.

Love that you made Kyle's award assembly. He's awesome... smart and cute too!

Jodi said...

Oh my gosh Hawaii!!! I want to go back with you! BE sure and post LOTS of photos! I can't wait to see them!!!!

Have a BLAST!!!!

ALOHA!!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

I hope the plane flight "flies" by! Wow, I am foolish.

I love that magnet Klin sent you! Cute!

Peter said...

I know how kyle feels i hate to fly!!!! Give me oars and a boat, hum maybe not takes longer to get there.
anyway I digress, have fun Yvonne stay safe and remember to use your sunsreen.
Carolyne-Niverville

Nancy Face said...

HAPPY 200TH POST! :D

HAPPY BLOGOVERSARY! :G

HAPPY VACATION! :D

Oh, sooo much happiness! I hope your trip is just FABULOUS! Can't wait to hear all about it! :)

Corrine said...

safe travels!! Enjoy your trip! You are getting close to landing I am sure! hope you had fun and got some sleep and reading in and didn't have to sit next to "my family" :)

Tonya said...

I just know you are going to have a great time. Wish I were going with you. Travel safe.

Tonya said...

Oh yeah..P.S. For the price they charge these days for flights they should have the actors on to act out the movies in person ;o)

utmommy said...

Enjoy Hawaii! Can't wait to hear all about it. I've always wanted to go there. Someday:)

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Fly safe and have fun! :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

Magirk said...

Happy Blogiversary.

I hope you have a fantabulous vacation to Hawaii!

Congratulations to Kyle on his achievement.

And Happy Birthday to your grandson.

Whew!

(HAVE A GREAT TRIP!)

Klin said...

Have a great trip.

Happy blogoversary and 200th post.

How is that you don't change and your grandson does? That's a great secret to sell. Happy birthday to Jason.

I read on planes. Hopefully Kyle can read or sleep the whole way and it won't seem so long;)

Enjoy Hawaii. I hear it's beautiful. I plan to go. Someday. :)

Klin said...

I"m glad you got your little license plate. It reminded me of you. Not just cause you live in Canada, but because it seems that you are traveling from sea to sea. :D

Have fun.