Thursday, June 15, 2017


It was a great few days in California.   Allan and I had to get up well before the crack of dawn to start our trip.  We were on two separate airlines.  I travelled Delta to Minneapolis and then onto LA and he travelled Air Canada via Vancouver.  We originally were going to land just a few minutes apart from one another, but he got a late start.  We actually landed a little over an hour apart, but that was fine. My big regret.  I didn't have a blank paper and a marker to write on a piece of paper and attach to a clipboard:

I'll have to remember that for next time ; )

We got our car and then headed up to Pasadena.  It was a lovely drive--yes, there is traffic but we expected that.  We got to our hotel and then went for a walk to look for an ATM.  It was a lovely walk and we couldn't pass the bakery without grabbing a little something.  YUMMY!

Kyle drove in from Utah.  When he arrived we headed over to the Greek restaurant where he had made reservations.  We thought the name was appropriate "Santorini's"--that is where Kiah is going this summer (her graduation gift to herself ; )  Kyle took the 3 of us to dinner to celebrate (although Allan and I thought we should take the two of them ; )  It was a great restaurant and I'd go back in a heartbeat!  It was a great evening of reminiscing--we have such fun memories.  The two of them are only 6 months apart and have always gotten along.  We had some great laughs!!!

The next morning Stephen came to meet Allan for breakfast and when they got back the 4 of us headed to the Anaheim Civic Center for the graduation--which was within walking distance from our hotel.   (Such a beautiful venue)  The graduation was wonderful--we were so proud of Kiah and all she has accomplished. 

After the graduation we went to lunch to celebrate.  It's times like these that I am sad that we all don't live closer together.  The time was short and after lunch and dessert, Stephen had to head out to the airport and Allan, Kyle and I went back to our room.  We watched a little TV and then we drove to find the Rose Bowl so I could get a picture--there was something going on and I couldn't quite get close enough (had the wrong lens.  

Allan left quite early on Thursday morning and Kyle and I got up a little later and drove down to Anaheim to meet up with Daphne and the kids at Disney.  

That will be a separate post.  But let me just say, we had a blast with them.  It was hot and crowded, (and I must admit quite expensive) but it was worth it.

1 comment:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You are such wonderful parents and grandparents.
And WOW! You know how to pack a bunch of fun in a short amount of time.

You all look like you had a great time.